Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2013, 09:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
How do you find the noise of those ACX coolers while gaming?
So far, haven't had time to do much gaming. I did try a few runs of 3DMark, but couldn't get my scores because my web filter was blocking it from sending to futuremark.

During the benchmark runs though, My case fans spun up more than anything, I didn't notice the videocards making much more noise than I'm used to.
Old November 5, 2013, 09:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
Preliminary testing by PCPER indicated that early 290X Crossfire setups were far from optimal.

Seeing as you went with an SLI setup, I think the 780 was the card to go with. Single card setups, the 290 would be the one to get, methinks. You made the right choice!
Well, I saw some decent CF numbers for the 290x, but the cards run dam hot. and after looking at the 290, it seems to run hot and draw more power than necessary too. the price/performance is right compared to the 780 I'll admit, but I ordered these early last week, and as I said, can't wait forever, just decided to finally pull the trigger on the best thing I was willing to spend my money at the time, and that's it.

Just can't wait to get some game time in this weekend :D
Old November 5, 2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouis1 View Post
Well, I saw some decent CF numbers for the 290x, but the cards run dam hot. and after looking at the 290, it seems to run hot and draw more power than necessary too. the price/performance is right compared to the 780 I'll admit, but I ordered these early last week, and as I said, can't wait forever, just decided to finally pull the trigger on the best thing I was willing to spend my money at the time, and that's it.

Just can't wait to get some game time in this weekend :D
The 290x is $100 less and is fastest than 780. Anyway it's not like the 780 290 and 290x are tangibly faster or slower than on and other and nobody will even notice the difference really. Them EVGA ACX are sexy ass looking cards though with quality and conservative class written all over them.
Old November 5, 2013, 12:38 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon freemen View Post
The 290x is $100 less and is fastest than 780. Anyway it's not like the 780 290 and 290x are tangibly faster or slower than on and other and nobody will even notice the difference really. Them EVGA ACX are sexy ass looking cards though with quality and conservative class written all over them.
Looks matter. I couldn't find any other cards that had colors to match or not look out of place on my Sabertooth X79. Love the board, but they could have stuck to common colors.
Old November 5, 2013, 04:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'm a little annoyed with newegg right now.

the evga bundle for the 3 games listed below, has the part for my cards listed as eligible.
EVGA | Articles | Pirates, Heroes, and Spies

but i guess newegg doesn't have this card listed as having the game bundle, so i was trying to deal with them, to get the game bundle that i'm eligible for according to EVGA, but they've shut me down with the following.

Quote:
Thank you for for the information. Please be advised that we only guarantee the promotions we posted on our website. We are sorry to say that we are unable to guarantee the promotions that was posted on the manufacturer website. In this case, we recommend you try to contact manufacturer to see if anything they can do for you or not. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.
Every EVGA other card has the bundle listed as being included on the newegg site except for mine it seems because i went with the 03G-P4-3784-KR part because it has the dual bios, and it's listed as having the bundle anyway according to EVGA

So anyway, not entirely impressed, but I can shop elsewhere from now on, newegg doesn't need my money anymore
Old November 5, 2013, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Or return them and buy else-where to get your free 6 games?

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old November 5, 2013, 06:37 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

no return, exchange for the same product only, sigh. I'm going to be one of those irate customers soon who puts in a near warrantless paypal complaint to have my way. I'm just going to throw a fit like all the customers I deal with would do. why not right?
Old November 5, 2013, 06:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouis1 View Post
no return, exchange for the same product only, sigh. I'm going to be one of those irate customers soon who puts in a near warrantless paypal complaint to have my way. I'm just going to throw a fit like all the customers I deal with would do. why not right?
You can return them, just make something up to newegg. they dont check shit. Just say it over heats and shuts down. Dont return without cause or they will charge you some stupid restocking fee.

EDIT: if u need help, let me know. I am an expert at returns
Old November 5, 2013, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you only paid $529 for the Cards and the Game Package was not offered on your Product Page (at Newegg), I'm afraid as they pointed out...you're shvt out of luck.....most of those 780's on the Egg are listed at $549 - $559 WITH the Game bundle...you have to watch and read the Web Page carefully before "accepting" the purchase.......another guy jumped on $529 Cards at Memory Express (vs $549 - $559 at NCIX and the Egg) only to foind out the same thing...no 3 game bundle.
Old November 5, 2013, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

sorry bout your luck :P
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.