Old November 5, 2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Uh....

nvidia = physx
ati = havok

How can you hate one and not the other?
Havok is not AMD only LOOL. Havok works on any hardware both nvidia and AMD. X87 GPU Physx is nvidia proprietary software. Oh and it's not Ati it's AMD. Ati no longer exists and this has been for a very long time already. Read and learn all about Physx Nvidia purposefully hobbles PhysX on the CPU | SemiAccurate
Old November 5, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon freemen View Post
Havok is not AMD only LOOL. Havok works on any hardware both nvidia and AMD. X87 GPU Physx is nvidia proprietary software. Oh and it's not Ati it's AMD. Ati no longer exists and this has been for a very long time already. Read and learn all about Physx Nvidia purposefully hobbles PhysX on the CPU | SemiAccurate
You see I was around when it was still ati and I will still call it ati. AMD to me is cpus and ATI is gpus.

I'm quite well aware of PhysX and its why a lot of people don't care for it because the general effects from it are so minimal and non-inspiring its not worth the eyecandy.
Old November 5, 2013, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You see I was around when it was still ati and I will still call it ati.
Hello, I am Oel
[otherpeople] Hi Oel [/otherpeople]
I type in ati.com when I want to update the drivers for my Radeon.

Anyway. I used to use a GF9600GSO for PhysX with my Radeon HD 3850. It was neat but not exceedingly exciting. Eventually I was running a GTX460 yet I used to try to follow any updates in the event that I might want to do it in the future. There seemed to be not too many. And at the time I was still playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 but it only did PhysX with the old PPU card.(unlike GRAW2, but I wanted to play GRAW1)

Now back on the red team with a Radeon HD 7950, it is not really worth the power to run the second card even in newer titles. This is time and money that you could be spending on a mechanical keyboard/racing wheel/joystick/trackir/whatever.
Old November 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I tried this with an 8800gtx or 285gtx and a 5850. This doesn't work well enough to bother with it trust me. It's so damn buggy it isn't funny. You'll have trouble accessing the NVidia card windows software while the amd card is enabled. Sometimes one or the other won't work correctly... I had to disable the ati card to enable the PhysX. Then re-enable the ATI card to make it the boss again... it's just so not worth the bugginess. I'd suggest just getting a single NVidia 660ti or something.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 5, 2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
I tried this with an 8800gtx or 285gtx and a 5850. This doesn't work well enough to bother with it trust me. It's so damn buggy it isn't funny. You'll have trouble accessing the NVidia card windows software while the amd card is enabled. Sometimes one or the other won't work correctly... I had to disable the ati card to enable the PhysX. Then re-enable the ATI card to make it the boss again... it's just so not worth the bugginess. I'd suggest just getting a single NVidia 660ti or something.
Ya I wasted far to much time on this BS and to no avail. nvidia will not be getting any more of my money since AMD is just far better value for the dollar right now. CF HD 7850 here I come and Physx can take a hike. I tried the Physx out on a single nvidia GTX 560SE in Metro LL and to be honest I was not impressed at all just more smoke and fog effects and a few more sparks here and there so no big deal.