Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   EVGA GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper or wait for GTX780Ti? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/63941-evga-gtx-780-classified-hydro-copper-wait-gtx780ti.html)

ASUSg4mer November 4, 2013 02:18 PM

EVGA GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper or wait for GTX780Ti?
 
Hi everyone.

I am new here on HC. :)

I have a quick question for you peeps, I just ordered:
2 x EVGA GTX 780 Classified Hydro Copper edition grafics cards, last week right when the prices dropped
when they announced the 290X.
Now seeing the 780Ti specs leaked and wondering if im making a bad
investment in these 2 cards, since im not going to get money enough to
buy another very big (to me) upgrade in the near future. This is the first
time I spend this much on grafics cards.

Making an EK themed watercooled system with the EK MB waterblock + CPU. Only thing I am not watercooling is my ram, due to reaching my budget.

I still have the option to cancel my order for the 2 x GTX 780 classified HC,
and I am not sure what to do.

Affraid im gonna sit there with spending allmost 1400 euros, looking at the Ti's and saying why didnt I wait.

Please share your thoughts about this appreciate all inputs.

Sorry in advance for any language/spelling errors.

/ ASUSg4mer

lowfat November 4, 2013 02:41 PM

I personally would wait. I'd also not use Hydrocoppers personally. EK blocks generally have much better VRM cooling.

Dzzope November 4, 2013 03:22 PM

I would take the ti's on air over watercooled 780's IF the leaked / anticipated spec's are going to be as good as it seems they will be. Not long now till they are out either.

Bond007 November 4, 2013 03:23 PM

I would wait out unless you need it immediately.

belgolas November 4, 2013 05:50 PM

I would wait. It isn't that long till the 780 ti is released.

ipaine November 4, 2013 06:43 PM

I would also wait considering that the 780ti is due for release in just a few days. Wait and see what the reviews say about the new card.

ASUSg4mer November 5, 2013 03:47 AM

Thanks alot for all your reply's.

I didnt recieve my cards yet so I think the Ti's will be out just before I get my cards, and that should clear things up. If not i will just hold up opening the boxes and use my 14 days return policy if I opt out on the Ti's.

I do think they are gonna be alot more expensive, and I allready bought all my watercooling parts, so im not gonna run whatever cards I get on air.

So basicly if the price doesent drop even more on the 780's or the Ti is alot more expensive with waterblocks, EVGA or customs im gonna keep my 780 classy HC's.

Thanks again for your inputs.

/ asusg4mer. :thumb:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:35 AM.