Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 23, 2013, 09:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Just thinking. You might need 1200-1500W PSU to CF these bad boys.
Old October 23, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
I'll be waiting to see what board partners make.
Or how much and how fast is nVidia going to drop the prices?
Old October 23, 2013, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cudos to AMD for there competitive pricing...finally!!!! For us Green guys its been friggin painful seeing the high end Cards going for $700 - $1K....had this Card been available 8 Months ago I'm sure the Titan wouldnt have been over $1K !!!

Now....lets see what pricing is like for both 780's and more interestingly 780ti ;)

Old October 23, 2013, 10:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well, given the lack of custom cards, I think I'll be holding off until xmas as planned to buy a pair of cards, I haven't run a Crossfire setup before, nor have I run an SLI setup since the GTX460's came out, I think it's that time again, so whichever camp has the best bang for buck below 600$ per card will get my money
Old October 23, 2013, 11:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Time to sell my video cards and buy one of these bad boys!!!!!!
Old October 23, 2013, 11:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Just thinking. You might need 1200-1500W PSU to CF these bad boys.
God no.. it sucks 50w more than a Titan.. it's not THAT power hungry. very good 850w-1000w
Remember the power test is the whole test setup

I'm not impressed with the card, I am impressed with the price to performance. This is what they should have done with that silly cpu.. Charged enough to make money but also low enough to apply some pressure

This is AMD topping out what they can do again, I think Nvidia will flex a lil muscle and blow em out of the water... unfortunately with this I see no reason for Nvidia to release the 8xx series in the next 6 - 9 months at all. :(

One thing I'm still hoping to see is nvidia to allow unlocked voltage etc for their cards. pipe-dream but one can hope.

I for one am still very happy with my 780's which I got months earlier and have similar performance at a fraction of the heat and noise. Granted If I could go home now with them I could sell them for a profit still and maybe jump on dual 780ti's or single 290x if custom cooled ones are significantly better on thermals and noise.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"

Last edited by Dzzope; October 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Nice review as always Sky. Card wise, very impressive pricing and FPS performance; Acoustic and power performance...well I think I want to see what ASUS and the gang will come up with, because the reference design is poor. For a flagship card, with high temps and poor acoustics, one would think that AMD would pick an axial type fan cooler rather then the (old washroom style) blower type fan.
Old October 24, 2013, 03:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

Great review SKY,

Awesome pricing on that card! I can't wait for nvidia's reaction by dropping it's prices on 780s...if the 290 (non-X I mean) is also competitive (we'll see in a week), the 770s will finally drop in price...

Now, I wonder how long before peeps start to make a photoshopped image similar to the one of FERMI (AKA Thermi) with a grill on top! 94 degrees is too hot for most people's liking.., non-ref cards will be where it's at!

Thanks AMD! Prices will drop, and WC fans will be buying those, so it brings back some "balance" in the GFX cards world...
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old October 24, 2013, 04:05 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Gonna pick one up as soon as I can find one at MSRP or less. Debating whether I should get a waterblock for the card or use an aftermarket one like the DCII.
Old October 24, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When new graphics cards come out I expect them to beat anything from the previous generation. Both Nvidia and AMD are sadly disappointing.

Now we have to wait another year for something better. I guess I shouldn't complain to much because that means my current card still is top of the line from over a year ago.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."