Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2013, 10:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Well find
out very soon......thanks for the heads up Sky. To all those Titan Card holders, enjoy a few more
hrs of being the owners of the top dog..... ;)
Maybe able to find some used Titans around the $500 mark !!!

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916
MARK 11: 32.530
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12496075

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

Old November 7, 2013, 12:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ouch.
Old November 7, 2013, 01:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon freemen View Post
Sigh the 780ti cannot use more than 4GB Vram let alone 8GB Vram. Don't fall into this Vram hype because it is absolutely BS that has not even been very well quantified yet.
Again.. Please stop mis-informing / trolling

Have 780's with 3GB vram and I max it out regularly @ 1440 not even on AAA games that are resource hogs.. Not even surround.. and before you say no-one uses it.. why else have a card that powerful?

Please stop with this now. Enough mis-info / trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_friendly_gamer View Post
does this card run circles around the 290x and runs cooler?
Guess from leaked / announced spec would be 7% ish while being at titan / 780 noise / heat.

Find out REALLY bloody soon.

Re Titan.. Second-hand prices won't drop THAT much I don't think. Many devs want them and there is no reason to jump over to 780ti.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"
Old November 7, 2013, 01:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Just a heads up ZZ.....many games will show that they are using as much VRAM as you can throw at em, this certainly doesn't mean that the game requires it. In other words a 2G Card can show utilization of 1.9 G while the same game running on a 3G Card can show 2.5 G utilization. ........just to clarify ;)

Firestrike Extreme: 21.452
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916
MARK 11: 32.530
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12496075

Introducing me n my OCD to Watercooling, is like taking an Alcoholic to an "all you can drink" Beach Bar in Mexico

Old November 7, 2013, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Again.. Please stop mis-informing / trolling

Have 780's with 3GB vram and I max it out regularly @ 1440 not even on AAA games that are resource hogs.. Not even surround.. and before you say no-one uses it.. why else have a card that powerful?

Please stop with this now. Enough mis-info / trolling

Ok you don't need 3GB to max out games with smooth framerate. vram does not boost framerates. It's not trolling when I provided links. Vram does not matter @ 1080P only at triple monitor rez. GTX 680 2Gb and 4GB perform the exact same @ 1080P
Old November 7, 2013, 01:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

As I said.. whats the point in all that power at 1080... vram is a non issue yes but then so is the gpu power. Why have a 780 nevermind a 780ti at all @1080 is the question not 4GB.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"

Last edited by Dzzope; November 7, 2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old November 7, 2013, 01:22 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Ok you don't need 3GB to max out games with smooth framerate. vram does not boost framerates. It's not trolling when I provided links. Vram does not matter @ 1080P only at triple monitor rez. GTX 680 2Gb and 4GB perform the exact same @ 1080P

Who buys these cards for 1080P????????

Old November 7, 2013, 01:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
As I said.. whats the point in all that power at 1080... vram is a non issue yes but then so is the gpu power. Why have a 780 at all @1080 is the question not 4GB.
To maintain the minimum framerate @ or above you monitors native refresh rate for optimal smoothness and enjoyment. Even a 780 will not maintain at a minimum of 60fps in many heavy hitter game @ 1080P like Crysis 3 etc with all the filters cranked up and maxed settings. Some people are fine when the framerate drops below the monitors refreshrate but honestly if you paid for all the GPU power than I would expect it to perform @ or near perfect with all the fillers maxed out and setting cranked.
Old November 7, 2013, 01:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
To maintain the minimum framerate @ or above you monitors native refresh rate for optimal smoothness and enjoyment. Even a 780 will not maintain at a minimum of 60fps in many heavy hitter game @ 1080P like Crysis 3 etc with all the filters cranked up and maxed settings. Some people are fine when the framerate drops below the monitors refreshrate but honestly if you paid for all the GPU power than I would expect it to perform @ or near perfect with all the fillers maxed out and setting cranked.
So if a 780 can't even handle it how does your hardware handle it?

Old November 7, 2013, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
So if a 780 can't even handle it how does your hardware handle it?
As well as it should I suppose. What's the point ?