Old September 29, 2013, 04:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I am waiting for the reviews. Patiently waiting
Old September 29, 2013, 05:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
Intel profit drops 25 percent as it grapples with weak PCs | Business Tech - CNET News

If this isn't an indicator I don't know what is man... this huge market you refer too is leaving for console in droves.
While there is a decline in new PC sales due to a variety of factors, PC gaming has seen a resurgence the past couple of years. The PC gamer to console migration started around 10 years ago on the original xbox, but has been reversed to some degree by the extended 8 year console cycle that followed it.

I think what people call PCs will be called workstations in a couple of years. They will be primarily used by content/software developers, scientists and enthusiasts. For most people, desktop PCs will evolve into something else--something easier, more static and less useful--but will still be referred to as PCs. It is for these machines that PC games will be designed for. That's just my opinion, but in this sense, what we currently call PCs and PC gaming could be dying.
Old September 29, 2013, 05:43 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
PC gaming is going to surge in the new console gen. Why? Because for once PC, XBOX and PS4 all share the same codebase now. x86 and DX11. Now a game is made for all 3 platforms at the same time. And games are going to get a whole lot better as devs kick butt on DX11. Given that the PC experience is superior it will flourish.
I can't imagine playing Skyrim without all the mods.
What I'm excited about around convergence is a common gaming platform. So I can use my PC and someone else their PSX. My son and I would be able to play some NHL hockey or Grid 2, me on my laptop him on the Xbox......
This is exciting times!
16GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866
Corsair TX750w in a Corsair 550d
Old September 29, 2013, 07:47 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato;732358[B
]While there is a decline in new PC sales [/B]due to a variety of factors, PC gaming has seen a resurgence the past couple of years. The PC gamer to console migration started around 10 years ago on the original xbox, but has been reversed to some degree by the extended 8 year console cycle that followed it.

I think what people call PCs will be called workstations in a couple of years. They will be primarily used by content/software developers, scientists and enthusiasts. For most people, desktop PCs will evolve into something else--something easier, more static and less useful--but will still be referred to as PCs. It is for these machines that PC games will be designed for. That's just my opinion, but in this sense, what we currently call PCs and PC gaming could be dying.

im just commenting on this line ]While there is a decline in new PC sales ...what does this really mean..what is the benchmark for new pc's? i bet 90% of the enthusiast market is not included if they are talking about box sales....
Old September 29, 2013, 08:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I don't need a new gpu but I'm waiting for reviews as well before I buy a new gpu(sort of a gift for myself for xmas )

Not that worried about performance of the new series because a 7970 is more than plenty for my needs right now, but like everyone else I'm hoping the new series lives up to its hype. Competition between nvidia and amd is always good for consumers like us.
Old September 30, 2013, 02:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not that I've seen anything since this.. But I just can't shake the feeling this is going to be somewhat similar to when the 7xxx series was released...
That is to say, good cards but thoroughly beaten by Nvidia in a few months. Their saving grace this time may be that they seem decently priced.

As for the GCN stuff... I don't think we'll see much viable results for another year. And if we do I'll have a pair of 780's on ebay before x-mass (can sell em second hand for more than I paid new) . :D

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"
Old September 30, 2013, 08:43 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I'd say you're pretty much on the money with that.
Old September 30, 2013, 12:46 PM
Rookie

(Rumour) AMD R290x (9970) benchmarks leak - faster than Nvidia Titan - NeoGAF
Old September 30, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sky,

Your answer to the previous poster got to be the most telling statement on the situation on what to expect right now. Thx.

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old October 1, 2013, 01:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Fake.. note the CF connections on the top..

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
DeeraxTheCoolNemo: "I never preSs CaPLoCK I just HiT my keyS so Hard ThEY Crit"