Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2013, 06:03 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I think you better start reading your replies before posting, 'cause you're pushing the envelope.... again, no one implied any reference to Team Red, we're discussing Team Green. You were the sole one.

In your shoes, I'd pick my battles or shut up.

And after Zero82Z, Welcome to my Ignore List.
Old September 21, 2013, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I think you better start reading your replies before posting, 'cause you're pushing the envelope.... again, no one implied any reference to Team Red, we're discussing Team Green. You were the sole one.

In your shoes, I'd pick my battles or shut up.

And after Zero82Z, Welcome to my Ignore List.
Grabs Popcorn.

Magic 8 ball says.

OP:
No you cant mix Gens.

I would stick the 2xx in as a physx card and see what FPS increase you get, completely depend on the game. It isnt going to be big though IIRC a few others on the forum ran 2xx cards with 560's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 21, 2013, 07:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
Pfttt, way to be accusatory.

ATi/AMDs mixed CFx is only the most recognizable example of this bad idea.

When I was in NVIDIA's Focus Group, they sent me a motherboard with some sort of hybrid SLi software long before they briefly brought it to market.

I didn't think it was a good idea then either, because it seemed to me pairing a 10fps motherboard GPU to a 40fps low end GPU could not result in anything good.

I've always thought SLi was best for mid to high end only, and exactly matched cards.

I didn't mention hybrid SLi because it was so short lived no one would remember it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and my point was "I don't think you would want to SLi the two different gen cards, because of what we're learning now about multi GPU".
I'm going to be blunt and honest here Rollo. Your post had absolutely zero help or assistance to the OP. You seem to like finding ways to bury your hatchet in the members and forum here at HWC, so I am going to make this a very simple statement.
Either, abide by the rules here and help people who have questions...or don't and leave the comments that have no bearing to the OP out of this.
Period.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 21, 2013, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I'm going to be blunt and honest here Rollo. Your post had absolutely zero help or assistance to the OP. You seem to like finding ways to bury your hatchet in the members and forum here at HWC, so I am going to make this a very simple statement.
Either, abide by the rules here and help people who have questions...or don't and leave the comments that have no bearing to the OP out of this.
Period.

-ST
Can you quote something I posted in this thread that violates your TOS?

Or is off topic? I merely stated why it's not in the drivers- staff at NVIDIA told me balancing AFR frame delivery is difficult with different cards.
Old September 21, 2013, 08:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

I want to thank all of you guys for the fast and great answers :)
Especially the answers that educated me in the right path !!! :)
Old September 21, 2013, 09:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
Can you quote something I posted in this thread that violates your TOS?

Or is off topic? I merely stated why it's not in the drivers- staff at NVIDIA told me balancing AFR frame delivery is difficult with different cards.

Gladly.

Quote:
I've never thought AMD/ATi allowing mixed cards was a good idea.

Look at all the trouble they've had with even frame delivery, in beta fix for the first time as of a month ago.

That HAS to be multiplied when you have cards with different output level.

I don't care what the fps counter says, I bet if you ran FCAT on two 7870s or two 7970s with the frame metering drivers it comes out smoother than a 7870 and a 7970.
Does not answer:

Quote:
Can I SLI a Gtx275 with a 560 ti video card?

Your post answered nothing, did nothing to help the OP and had no point. The question was already answered by the rest of our forum. How much more clear does that need to be?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com