Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2013, 08:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Updated Catalyst - Lost Dual Graphic Option

Now this will only matter to the select few of us on the planet that have two graphic cards installed on an AMD APU system. Before I updated my catalyst drivers I used to be able to disable crossfire - and then when I re-enabled it the system asked if I wanted to pair the GPU with the APU or the other GPU - I had some fun seeing if dual-graphic mode (paired with the APU) was any better or worse than the standard crossfire when the two HD 6670's were crossfired with each other. These cards do not use a crossfire adaptor and crossfire through the motherboard.

Anyway, that option is gone. Not that I used it much having found that the two GPU's crossfired tended to be slightly better than the APU-GPU Dual Graphics mode. In theory they should have been pretty much the same.

I found this out because I had decided to load the Lucid program which came with the mobo - ASUS had an update for Win8 64 bit so I decided to give it a go. No can do, only works with the APU-GPU set up not in normal crossfire. Oh well - no great loss.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig