Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1, 2013, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Buzzing Noise From GPU?

Hey guys,

I recently went through a few computer changes. I had a 670 Windforce installed on my newly aquired Maximus Formula V. Never had a problem with them.

I then sold the 670 and purchased two Sapphire 7970's in Crossfire. I noticed that the cards(or mobo) would make a buzzing noise that wasn't always constant. It was mor of a buzz than a whine. I was annoyed and decided I wanted to go back to AMD.

I just purchased a Zotac GTX 770 and just installed it. Now this card (I think it's the card) is now buzzing except this is constant and low in noise level. It is quite annoying though. Are these the cards or is there some kind of interference from the PSU or mobo?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old September 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Disregard the entire first post. I found the problem. I have a Corsair SP fan with the fan ring taped to the opposite side of the fan because I am using it as an intake fan on the bottom of the case. I realized the tape I used to secure the ring to the fan must have been peeling and causing the buzzing noise from the movement of the air. I just touched the fan ring a couple times and the noise went away. LOL

Is there an award for stupidity? I must say though that before I figured it out I wanted to throw my computer in the garbage because the sound was ridiculously annoying and made me want to quit building computers. Hahaha.

I actually got rid of my Crossfire 7970's because of this (And because they were slow to begine with 925mhz? for real?_)

:D
Old September 3, 2013, 03:47 PM
Rookie

Lol, glad you caught it.