Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2013, 05:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortkentdad View Post
Bought a Gigabyte HD7970 today and have taken a look at the nine games - I need to pick three. Dirt3 and Showdown I already own, so now 3 of 7. Looking over the others I thought maybe the Sniper game but looking at reviews I'm not so sure. Right now I'm thinking of Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider. Saints Row just seems interesting but weird. Would love to see BF4 or F1 or Nascar racing.
Hold on to your game credits. They will be adding more games, and you have until december 31st before you have to use them. BF4 is rumored to be added when it comes out.
Old September 21, 2013, 06:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt View Post
Nvidia sucks too. In the game I play the most, World of Tanks, it cannot display the foliage properly leading always to shuttering. AMD does not have this problem.
There has to be another issue somewhere then, or maybe its an older driver problem. WoT has updated its FXAA a few times now, but I have zero issues running NVidia or SLI or anything for that matter on WoT. It runs flawlessly for me. Ironically my friend with the 6850's cannot say the same.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 27, 2013, 04:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I face a bandwidth problem - I can safely download one maybe two games a month so I'd like to pick one game each month for October, November and December from my AMD three free games. If BF4 comes out that will be great as I think that would appeal to me. I've never figured out these sort of games but I guess there is no time like the present to learn. SO for a older chap (hey I'm not sixty until Next year) which of the AMD Never Settle offering is my best bet. Based on my reading of the story lines none totally appeal to me at all. (I already have Dirt and Showdown). I'm going to decide between Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3. I'm not a fan of gratuitous profanity so I'm a little shy of FC3 as it seems to be pretty profane. Not a total deal breaker but just a turn off for me. Wish they offered Sim City or Sims, Train Simulator, or other such less graphic and profane, lets kill everybody game. The fact that Tomb Raider has a bit of a story line and seems to present the killing as a necessary evil rather than what the character does for fun or profit.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig
Old September 28, 2013, 01:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Must select all three at the same time - Dang

Dang it all anyway ~ had thought I could go and get the code for one of my three games and come back later to get the other two - nope - gotta pick three at once. Downside - with my rural bandwidth limitation I should really only download one game per month, so I really need to pick these games in October if the offer expires in December. I wonder if I get the codes will they still work in the new year or just while the offer if valid from AMD? I'll email AMD and see if they have any answers for me.

At this point my choices in order of preference would be Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3 and Sniper 2. I'll be somewhat disappointed if in December they offer F1 or Nascar or SimCity, or BF4 or ...

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig