Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2013, 03:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hard OCP reports it as 10.5 in (266.7mm) for : MSI Global N760 TF 2GD5/OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI
The Specification may change without notice. The actual products sold are different from areas. Please check the detailed Specification with your local dealers.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old July 8, 2013, 05:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yeah, NCIX is listing it around that too.

EDIT: but that extra inch of heatsink explains why the gigabyte boards stays a little cooler.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old July 8, 2013, 11:26 AM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

Our GTX 760 GC has an excellent cooler and it's just 268mm long including the bracket. That would be my recommendation:

Galaxy GeForce GTX 760 GC 1110MHZ 2GB GDDR5 6008MHZ 2x DVI HDMI DisplayPort Video Card

Full review:
Galaxy GTX 760 GC 2GB Video Card Review | Overclockers

Exact dimensions are 268 x 124.3 x 41.5mm w/bracket and 254 x 111.2 x 38.6mm without. Should fit just fine.
Old July 8, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ There are several Cards that will fit fine!!!
Old July 9, 2013, 04:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
yeah, most of the other 760s are small enough to fit, but the gigabyte and the MSI are nice and quiet and keep quite cool too. so I'd like to look at those if they'll fit.
No offense, but your "problem" seems to be your choice of cases.

If cool and quiet are your primary concerns, I'd think you would be using a larger case that can accommodate any card, and better air flow.

I'd worry less about sawing on already small cards and more about a new box if I were you.

I'd start reading case reviews and make a better choice in that area first, which will open up card choices for you.
Old July 9, 2013, 06:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

If you need all those hard drive cages then your looking at a new case. If only 2 or 3 drives are to be installed then start drilling rivets out and cutting. Make it so the card will fit. Gonna be be a lot cheaper than buying a new case.
Old July 9, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Depending on what he could sell the current case for if he want to go that route.

but really I'm not sure there are many cards that require 290mm of space.. Even my 780 isn't that long.
And if they are... make a better selection

You'd be better off with a blower card anyway, heat and lots of HDD's don't mix well. That or as said above, a better case for card-length, cooling and HDD layout.
See it all the time in data centres, get a hot spot and watch HDD's fail consistently more often.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old July 9, 2013, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
No offense, but your "problem" seems to be your choice of cases.

If cool and quiet are your primary concerns, I'd think you would be using a larger case that can accommodate any card, and better air flow.
the number of video cards that are longer than the 290mm allowed by this case is pretty low. the case generally wouldn't be an issue, but I happened to be looking at 2 that would.
EDIT: also, how much do you know about my case? it has amazing airflow capability and control, as well as is padded and designed for noise isolation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
You'd be better off with a blower card anyway, heat and lots of HDD's don't mix well. That or as said above, a better case for card-length, cooling and HDD layout.
See it all the time in data centres, get a hot spot and watch HDD's fail consistently more often.
I have 2 high flow fans on the other side of the HDD cage, so that would mostly prevent much heat from the card from going towards the HDDs.
also, I'm aware that I need better storage options, I'm looking at a large exterior HDD array, but right now I have such a mis-match of HDDs that trying to put them in there as a RAID or anything like that wouldn't work too well.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.

Last edited by bissa; July 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM.