Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 29, 2013, 02:37 PM
Rookie

Default ASUS 680GTX GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 and UEFI

Have a bit of a pickle here, Upgraded to a Z87 system and the only item that's not UEFI compatible is the Video card, the ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 (GTX680 TOP).

Asus has a released a BIOS update for the card to enable UEFI mode, the catch is they have only released a tool that will verify your card, locate the right bios, download it then flash it with NVFlash.

Pretty Automated and fool proof.... Except they have only tested the BIOS for the Video card when used on ASUS motherboards.... So before the tool will even check and download the BIOS it checks if you have a ASUS motherboard as well....

What MB I choose to use should have no impact on what video card I choose to use, so I'm reaching out to the community to see if someone out that has the same card would be able to dump the BIOS and upload it for me.

Thanks
Old July 1, 2013, 09:43 AM
Rookie

Default Update

For those else who are interested, Since there hasn't been much of a response anywhere I took the UEFI bios for the DC2O (Non-TOP) and Modded it with the clocks, Strings and Subsystem ID of the DC2T.

File is attached for those who may want as well, flashed and running fine on my system now, Fast Boot is re-enabled and working and card is stable with several rounds of Haven Benchmarking. (YMMV, Of course flash at your own risk, these are just my results posted)

Still would be interested in the offical ROM for the DC2T but this will hold me over till I can obtain one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DC2T.zip (120.7 KB, 56 views)
Old July 24, 2013, 07:07 AM
Rookie

Hi Corellon,

Can you post the GOP UEFI rom for ASUS 680GTX GTX680-DC2T-2GD5? I have ASROCK Z87 Extreme9 mb so it is impossible to use ASUS update app.

Which version of nvflash did you use? Do you mind sharing the nvflash syntax to flash this rom as well?

Thanks

Last edited by proengin; July 24, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old July 24, 2013, 08:32 PM
Rookie

As requested here is the BIOS for the ASUS 680GTX GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 that I used as a basis for my Modded one, I haven't tested this file, but should work fine as I modded it to the TOP clocks. Bios is originally from techpowerup.

Commands are:
I used the NVflash included in ASUS's bios tool, after you download and install it all the tools needed are in that directory, just the BIOS file is missing.

nvflash --protectoff (Remove the write protection on the NVRAM)
nvflash filename (filename is the name of the bios to flash)
nvflash --protecton
Attached Files
File Type: zip Asus.GTX680.2048.130226.rom.zip (120.7 KB, 61 views)
Old July 25, 2013, 08:30 AM
Rookie

Thank you so much. I didn't know the one at Techpowerup was GOP UEFI. Anyway, I am running your DC2T rom in full uefi mode with the Asrock mb.
Old July 26, 2013, 10:40 PM
Rookie

Your welcome, it wasn't easy to locate which of them have UEFI short of downloading and checking the BIOS itself, I took a stab at it based on version (AS10) but each version is different for each card, and asus doesn't even want to release that information
Old July 29, 2013, 01:34 AM
Rookie

Obviously, they want you to buy all their hw and upgrade vga card too.