Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2013, 08:20 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX SC Review Comment Thread

The GTX 780 is one of today's most popular graphics cards and EVGA's Superclocked series boosts its performance to some impressive levels. Added to this pre-overclocked goodness is a new custom designed ACX cooler which boosts cooling levels and remains blissfully silent.

Read more here: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX SC Review

Old June 19, 2013, 08:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sounds like my purchase of this card was warranted, now only if it would arrive, but as you said, it's hard to find!
Btw, I believe your base and boost clocks are incorrect for the acx, you have the reference clocks posted currently.
Old June 19, 2013, 08:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Haven't finished the review yet but there is a problem with the first chart showing the clocks on the first page. Should be 967 base and 1020 boost clocks.

edit: Ninja'd by Eluder

Ok, finished the review now, dammit I was thinking of not upgrading but damn reading that makes me want one even more than before. They sure look like one hell of a card. Another great review Sky.

Last edited by ipaine; June 19, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old June 19, 2013, 08:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Solid review Sky. At a $10 price bump over a reference card it's hard to imagine that anyone would pick up the reference card over this (barring people who want to water cool the GPUs of course). In all the reviews I'm seeing, it definitely seems like the overclocks are really getting killed by the limits the software puts on users. I'm curious if there'd be much more headroom to overclock on these cards if third-party overclocking softwares and firmwares came out and let you push past the current software limits, or if there's a hardware reason/limit that wouldn't let people push the voltages and clocks much higher anyway.
Old June 19, 2013, 09:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wait what... this card is that amazing for a mere $10 extra? What's the catch? Damn, even though I just picked up a 2nd 680 I'm tempted to sell them both and get this card! If only I could easily find a person who'd pay $700 for the two.
Old June 20, 2013, 04:30 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Better than Titan.

Wow. Imagine how high they would clock without locked voltages.
Old June 20, 2013, 05:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

No one has it in stock at the moment, but I can't help that but notice that a bit of price-gouging has already started. NCIX has it listed at $752.45, vs MemEx's $679.99 and NewEgg's $659.99. Maybe it'll update to the proper price when the stock arrives, but at the moment it looks like good old fashioned ripping off.
Old June 20, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

This is more like it. $10 for a custom, quality, cool and quiet heatsink. The gigabyte will have it's work cut out if it's gonna sell more than this.

How long till we see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by review
Without running contrary to NVIDIA’s limits, the Classified, Super Overclock and Lightnings of this world will be hard pressed to justify their premiums.
Would love for a simple version of the precision x / afterburner / whatever without limits but an OC at your own risk type thing. Too much hand-holding, even if I do like the simplified process.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 20, 2013, 07:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
No one has it in stock at the moment, but I can't help that but notice that a bit of price-gouging has already started. NCIX has it listed at $752.45, vs MemEx's $679.99 and NewEgg's $659.99. Maybe it'll update to the proper price when the stock arrives, but at the moment it looks like good old fashioned ripping off.
They probably did that to deter people from buying while they have no stock.
I PM'ed my order 2 weeks ago and had no issue with the PM, sadly I'm still waiting for the card to arrive and I'm growing impatient!
Old June 20, 2013, 09:17 AM
Top Prospect

sexy ******* card for 2/3rd the price of a titan. cant go wrong