Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11, 2013, 01:48 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Ok I get it! Shit why didnt you say so earlier. Your part of AMDs beta / 'test drive' program. Considering I (rightfully) slammed the real rollo for it on the NV side...You might want to add that to your sig (assuming this is the case and you actually have hands on with Hawaii). It will keep peeps from calling you a fanboi in the future...just biased. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 11, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Ok I get it! Shit why didnt you say so earlier. Your part of AMDs beta / 'test drive' program. Considering I (rightfully) slammed the real rollo for it on the NV side...You might want to add that to your sig (assuming this is the case and you actually have hands on with Hawaii). It will keep peeps from calling you a fanboi in the future...just biased. :)
Ummm nice guess? Not the case though And yes I do have my fair share of bias, as do you and as does any hardware enthusiast. I don't think I ignore any evidence of AMD/Nvidia being any "better", but I can't claim to know everything (eg. any AMD tricks to ruin Nvidia performance). I can just offer my opinion based on what I do know. I'm not one to blindly ignore things, I'm just one to argue my position based on the evidence I have seen If you want to enlighten me then be my guest!
Old June 11, 2013, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok I get it! Shit why didnt you say so earlier. I was just mistakenly saying The Real Rollo was associated with NVIDIA, even though it would be in his sig if he actually was. I was also foolishly postulating The Real Rollo was a guy who's going spend the rest of his life pimping NVIDIA without reason, and then never apologized for my errors because I'm associated with the site and don't need to use good manners.
Fixed.

Last edited by The RealRollo; June 11, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old June 11, 2013, 02:30 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Exactly. Its not a bad thing...just a thing.

But we have tried to do just that. Your 'blind spot' is AMD. Go back and read your responses as if it was someone else. Every chance you get you slam NV, even if its not warranted....and praise AMD (even if its not warranted).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 11, 2013, 02:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Exactly. Its not a bad thing...just a thing.

But we have tried to do just that. Your 'blind spot' is AMD. Go back and read your responses as if it was someone else. Every chance you get you slam NV, even if its not warranted....and praise AMD (even if its not warranted).
I edited my post earlier because it definitely wasn't right to say every game Nvidia works with has weird tweaks - just a few so far. So yes, I realize I can make blanket statements that aren't right.

Still doesn't change the fact that AMD's partnership programs are, from what I have seen, more about positive development, rather than some of the detrimental effects that have been seen with TWIMTBP. As long as TWIMTBP is simply optimization, then I approve. Both AMD and Nvidia deserve performance benefits for the amount of money it costs to work with the developers ($7 million for BF4? Ouch!). What they don't deserve is the right to affect the performance of their competitor.
Old June 14, 2013, 08:03 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I really really wish I had access to 670/680 sli to put in my rig and to compare with my 7950 CF. It feels laggy in a lot of things
Old June 14, 2013, 09:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedShackley View Post
I really really wish I had access to 670/680 sli to put in my rig and to compare with my 7950 CF. It feels laggy in a lot of things
Could be microstutter, it's definitely been shown AMD is worse with it, you may be noticing it (not everyone can see it). They do have fixed drivers coming out sometime soon.