Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2013, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcoast604 View Post
After FC3 supposed gaming evolved that still runs like garbage in xfire I'm really not too happy with amd on the game front these days.
That was a big one for me. Beside being choppy as heck, even on 7970CF, textures would randomly disappear or flash.

I had a 680 SLi set on my secondary rig at the same time I was testing 7970CF so it wasn't hard to check out which was running games smoother.

That said, to me even SLi adds an "unnatural" feel to the game, and I'd say I prefer using a single high end GPU now.

So, if AMD gets their act together and releases a "8970" I'll likely buy it and run that in one machine, and my Titan in the other to support competition.
Old June 9, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
I get no free hardware from anyone, have no connections to anyone.

Last four cards I purchased from Tiger Direct and newegg were, in order, EVGA GTX470SC, XFX HD7970, XFX HD 7970 Black Edition, and EVGA Titan SC.

The XFX 7970s were the best deals I've ever gotten on high end cards (by far) but that does not excuse AMD's only addressing frame metering after problems with CFx were pointed out for years by the press. (and they still trail in profiles for games)
Ah dude...for the LONGEST while you disclosed the fact that you were part of NV's product tester group (aka NVIDIA Focus Group Member) in your signature on MANY forums. So please dont piss on people and claim its raining.

Now with that being said I do agree in part with what you are saying. BUT honestly...what did you expect? NV's interviews are filled with just as much fluff. Its biz 101...never say anything that you cant back peddle on IF needed, and the easiest way to do that...is to never say anything of substance.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; June 9, 2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old June 9, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
So please dont piss on people and claim its raining.
Someone should throw this in there Sig ;)

Old June 9, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Someone should throw this in there Sig ;)

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old June 9, 2013, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Ah dude...for the LONGEST while you disclosed the fact that you were part of NV's product tester group (aka NVIDIA Focus Group Member) in your signature on MANY forums. So please dont piss on people and claim its raining.

Now with that being said I do agree in part with what you are saying. BUT honestly...what did you expect? NV's interviews are filled with just as much fluff. Its biz 101...never say anything that you cant back peddle on IF needed, and the easiest way to do that...is to never say anything of substance.
As you're a "Product Reviewer" for this website, should be easy enough for you to verify I have no connections to NVIDIA.

Not that I talk to them anymore, but as far as I can tell their product tester group is defunct.

And it's not biz 101. (one of my degrees is a BS Business) Biz 101 is you differentiate your product in some fashion: be it functionality, level of service, pricing, market served, etc. and make the owners of the company money. (the only reason any for profit exists)

As a guy who bought two 7970s, I'm AMDs upper echelon clientele. (not to mention I'm also a guy apparently retarded enough to spend $1000 on a GPU)

If they want more of my money, I expect more for it than "We've got hair in one game and focus". It was just a weak answer.

Last edited by The RealRollo; June 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old June 9, 2013, 02:36 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Your POV seems to be tainted. You can say 'oh I dont talk to them any more all that free gear I got for doing basically nothing...yup that has not colored my opinion one bit" all you want. But your previous statements show it to be otherwise.

If you honestly have a bach of science in Business and you dont know how PR and PR statements work...shame on you. You wasted all that money and didnt learn jack shite.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; June 9, 2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old June 9, 2013, 08:30 PM
MVP

Anyway, to get back on topic...

Pretty sure the reason Nvidia didn't get into consoles is because they don't have an APU. Combining a CPU and GPU into 1 chip is huge deal. HUGE.
Old June 10, 2013, 07:14 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

The RealRollo has no more connection to NVIDIA. As a matter of fact, he has every reason to take AMD's side in this rather than NVIDIA's.

Case closed. Back to the topic at hand.
Old June 10, 2013, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
Anyway, to get back on topic...

Pretty sure the reason Nvidia didn't get into consoles is because they don't have an APU. Combining a CPU and GPU into 1 chip is huge deal. HUGE.
I really think nVIdia is more focused on ARM anyways. Which to me is a better investment in resources.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I really think nVIdia is more focused on ARM anyways. Which to me is a better investment in resources.

-ST
But isn't Nvidia just sticking ARM cores alongside outdated GPU tech? AMD is actually planning their own, original ARM core designs.

And as far as the whole "adding value" thing goes, it's not about TressFX, it's about how AMD has had far more Gaming Evolved titles than Nvidia has had TWIMTBP titles... They've had Metro and Batman, Crysis 2, but AMD has had FAR more over the past year. I can assure you they are very focused on developer relations, in a positive way, while it often happens that games Nvidia are affiliated with ends up with questionable tweaks (Crysis 2, Batman, Metro:LL...).

I think everyone is going to be very impressed with Hawaii in the next few coming months.

Last edited by Sushi Warrior; June 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM.