Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2013, 05:58 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I have the GTX660-DC2O-2GD5. Both of them are currently working on WU 8900 and getting 46037 and 42815.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
There doesn't seem to be a difference between the two except for clock speeds, meaning one is binned higher than the other?
Yes I know, except that out of the three ASUS GTX660 models, I have the lowest clocked one: GTX660-DC2-2GD5 (ASUS - Graphics Cards). Just wanted to know great_big_abyss's card for comparison, should I decide to OC my card manualy, once the machine is down for upgrading. Not that I expect any miracles, but wanted to see what card is in his system...should I actually get any stable OC clocks on my card, for relative PPD.
Old June 4, 2013, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think that is the case. You should easily be able to make up the difference with an overclock at home though.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 4, 2013, 08:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_big_abyss View Post
I think that is the case. You should easily be able to make up the difference with an overclock at home though.
Here is hoping...and a lot cheaper too, than buying a second GTX660 to make-up the difference.
Old June 5, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

AnandTech members are saying that the NVIDIA GPUs are better than ATI for SC2. Is the GTX 650 TI Boost a worthy upgrade to my GTX 460? I'm picking one up for my friend as well, where I'm building a rig for him, as you guys may recall seeing on the forums here.
Old June 5, 2013, 11:56 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Arrow Starcraft 2 Gaming Graphics Card Benchmark Showdown Linus Tech Tips [LinusTechTips]

Quote:
AnandTech members are saying that the NVIDIA GPUs are better than ATI for SC2. Is the GTX 650 TI Boost a worthy upgrade to my GTX 460? I'm picking one up for my friend as well, where I'm building a rig for him, as you guys may recall seeing on the forums here.
Well, check out this LinusTechTips vid done recently - food for thought: Starcraft 2 Gaming Graphics Card Benchmark Showdown Linus Tech Tips - YouTube. It goes rather contrary to what is being said here and on AnandTech forum.

EDIT:
Then again there is Tom's Hardware GPU Benchmark for SC II:

Performance: 1900x1080
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...ance,2965.html

Extreme: 2560x1440
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...reme,2966.html

For some reason the 650 Ti Boost is kicking ass here.

Last edited by EmptyMellon; June 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: added: Tom's Hardware GPU Benchmarks for SCII
Old June 6, 2013, 12:33 AM
MVP

Quote:
AnandTech members are saying that the NVIDIA GPUs are better than ATI for SC2.
That's because they have professional benchmarks to back up their findings. Which is why I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
660 just smashes the 7850 in SC2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyMellon View Post
Well, check out this LinusTechTips vid done recently - food for thought: Starcraft 2 Gaming Graphics Card Benchmark Showdown Linus Tech Tips - YouTube. It goes rather contrary to what is being said here and on AnandTech forum.
If you actual pay attention to the video, he says they used beta drivers. Pretty sure they ****** up somewhere along the way.
The latest nvidia driver also had a ~8% boost in performance for SC2 as well.
Old June 6, 2013, 01:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMan View Post
If you actual pay attention to the video, he says they used beta drivers. Pretty sure they ****** up somewhere along the way.
The latest nvidia driver also had a ~8% boost in performance for SC2 as well.
Indeed, no need to get all worked up, I know what the video said, nobody said you were wrong. Perhaps you must have missed the rest of my post, where I have included Tom's Hardware GPU Benchmarks for SC II, where two of the tested 650 Ti Boost 2GB beat every other card, including the high-end ones - the EDIT was not too far after the initial post. So you can remove me from your 'top ten people to kill list', all is good now. :)