Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Smile

So I saw the price climb on ncix.com for the card with original cooler. I decided to go grab mine before everyone starts charging an arm and a leg. Here's the pics of my unboxing. Love it and the second one is on the way.

Yes I have a stock cooler atm.. waiting for the package for custom watercooling to arrive and will go from there.
Attached Images

Old May 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Woohoo!
Old May 24, 2013, 03:45 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ Kinda pointless really, based on the single card "thumping" of 780 vs 680, its pretty obvious what 780 SLi is going to do ;)
Well it would help me justify purchasing another 780
Old May 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Nice pics!!!!!!

PS:YESSSSSSSSSS i am on one of the pics :D (at least i think so)
Old May 24, 2013, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero1 View Post
So I saw the price climb on ncix.com for the card with original cooler. I decided to go grab mine before everyone starts charging an arm and a leg. Here's the pics of my unboxing. Love it and the second one is on the way.

Yes I have a stock cooler atm.. waiting for the package for custom watercooling to arrive and will go from there.
Bear in mind you may only get 90% Scaling vs 100% and watch for the "runt problems"

The prices are still sitting stable at The Egg...!!!

Old May 24, 2013, 04:02 PM
Top Prospect

The more important question is...why the heck are you using a stock cooler for your CPU?!

Haha thanks for the pics though, the reference cooler looks so nice. Can't wait to get mine to come in, probably have to wait until Tuesday at least...
Old May 24, 2013, 04:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
We'll have an SLI review after another NVIDIA launch, the Haswell launch and AMD's Richland desktop launch....so sometime at the beginning of June....
Guess we'll see a roundup of 780's 770's 7970's etc I think he mentioned in the review that they already have 2 780's. :)

I'm looking forward to the custom versions to see if they can up the performance or just keep the noise down while stressing them.
Old May 24, 2013, 04:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Nice pics!!!!!!

PS:YESSSSSSSSSS i am on one of the pics :D (at least i think so)
Yes you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by av3n View Post
The more important question is...why the heck are you using a stock cooler for your CPU?!

Haha thanks for the pics though, the reference cooler looks so nice. Can't wait to get mine to come in, probably have to wait until Tuesday at least...
I ordered proper custom watercooling stuff and I don't want to use AIO stuff. I sold my H80i which was brand new. so this will do for now, until next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Bear in mind you may only get 90% Scaling vs 100% and watch for the "runt problems"

The prices are still sitting stable at The Egg...!!!
If you read the review at tom's and other places where they have done with SLI you will see that the Titan and this plus the rest of Nvidia cards don't have the runts issue. The most you will see is a loss of 2-3 frames! So SLI on the way.

Last edited by SugarJ; May 24, 2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old May 24, 2013, 04:22 PM
Top Prospect

Oh nice, figured you were waiting on some parts. It just looks so weird seeing all these high end parts then a stock cooler right smack in the middle
Old May 24, 2013, 04:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by av3n View Post
Oh nice, figured you were waiting on some parts. It just looks so weird seeing all these high end parts then a stock cooler right smack in the middle
Yeah I am. I know how stupid it looks with that cooler. I was almost tempted to grab the Corsair H110 until the package arrives but I had to resist