Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2013, 11:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep, get another 660 ...go SLI.....the "SLi Myths" continue I see ;)

Old May 4, 2013, 04:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

"Myths"? It's very simple.. not all games have a profile released for them and therefore don't work with SLI well if at all.
It's the 1 thing holding me back as some of my favorite games have never had profiles released for them (old and current) and did not scale well or would not work with SLI.

All I'm saying is if the OP wants a single card, this is my opinion of what he should do, but it's all about what they want. I wouldn't go for anything less than a 670 and thats at a push for his res.
SLI 660 will give the most raw graphical power, but as always it's how you use it that counts.
Old May 4, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bah, games that don't have SLI scaling, how many of them actually require a good GPU? Not many...
Old May 4, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
"Myths"? It's very simple.. not all games have a profile released for them and therefore don't work with SLI well if at all.
It's the 1 thing holding me back as some of my favorite games have never had profiles released for them (old and current) and did not scale well or would not work with SLI.

All I'm saying is if the OP wants a single card, this is my opinion of what he should do, but it's all about what they want. I wouldn't go for anything less than a 670 and thats at a push for his res.
SLI 660 will give the most raw graphical power, but as always it's how you use it that counts.
Really? ok all new release DX11 Titles (I play the top 10) all have SLi Profiles and as far as older titles go many simply don't need a 2nd Card. Although I did run up Doom 3 about 6 months ago and it was fine running SLi.

Now, if a new game is released without NV Driver w SLi Profile, you have a couple of options:
1. Wait 24 hrs and nv will have either a Driver or an SLi Profile available (nv is great for this)
2. Create your own SLi Profile using nv tools.

Honestly dude, been running Multi GeForce Cards since GTX 280's, and have never had all these "SLi Problems" you and other folks (btw who have never tried it) seem to claim to have, don't know how you would know if you haven't given it a whirl ( other then reading it in the Net) ..... ;)

So, the Myth will likely continue, btw the myth started back when I ran my 8800 GTX's on SLi ;)

To the OP, SLi those baby's n watch how good Scaling us going from single to 2 Cards !!!

Old May 4, 2013, 08:43 PM
Banned

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN SLI & Tri-SLI Review | techPowerUp

TechPowerUp has 18 or so games in it. 5 or 6 don't scale with Crossfire, 1 doesn't scale with SLi.