Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   card for use with 60 hz monitor + bf3 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/60592-card-use-60-hz-monitor-bf3.html)

Jim April 8, 2013 02:22 PM

card for use with 60 hz monitor + bf3
 
Hi all,returning to pc gaming after two years of xbox.Question,shopping for an nVidia card for use with my 60 hz/fps limiting monitor for bf3,want to keep the frames at or as close to 60 fps as possible constantly(doesn't have to be ultra) high or medium/high settings are fine (even low on a pc is superior to xbox)even high/ultra @ 720p would rock my world,recommendations ?
Appreciate your input,thanks much.

Bond007 April 8, 2013 03:59 PM

For 720p go for a hd 7850 or gtx 650ti boost. Either will maintain above 60fps for that res at max settings. If you want it cheaper you could go to a gtx 650 ti or hd 7790 that you may have to turn a couple settings down to get 60 fps. And if money is tighter an hd 7770 would give you med- high settings at 720p.

Jim April 8, 2013 05:20 PM

Awesome,just what I needed to know,leaning to nVidia,don't like Catalyst much,it'll be light years ahead of the console.

JD April 8, 2013 06:58 PM

Yup, 650TI is what you want. You don't even need the "boost" edition if you want to save some coin.

My friend paired the 650Ti up with a Core 2 Quad and it runs BF3 like a champ on his 720p TV.

Make sure you have 6-8GB of RAM though, 4GB isn't quite enough for BF3 IMO.

Jim April 8, 2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD (Post 701420)
Yup, 650TI is what you want. You don't even need the "boost" edition if you want to save some coin.

My friend paired the 650Ti up with a Core 2 Quad and it runs BF3 like a champ on his 720p TV.

Make sure you have 6-8GB of RAM though, 4GB isn't quite enough for BF3 IMO.

nice,thanks,think this'll do the trick Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti 941MHZ 1GB 5.4GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI Mini-HDMI HDCP PCI-E DirectX 11 Video Card

bliz April 9, 2013 03:49 AM

7870xt will be the best you can get,it's cheap and even more powerful than a 660ti.

anyway of you search you can find them for 230 american dollars,and this will give you more than 60 fps in BF3 ultra,probably and better take something a bit more powerful that you won't regret i think.

of course if you play medium - high settings,650ti is more than enough.

Jim April 9, 2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliz (Post 701468)
7870xt will be the best you can get,it's cheap and even more powerful than a 660ti.

anyway of you search you can find them for 230 american dollars,and this will give you more than 60 fps in BF3 ultra,probably and better take something a bit more powerful that you won't regret i think.

7870 xt good point,trouble is ATI drivers with their overscan/underscan issues (black borders) in windows and games,does that go away ?

bliz April 9, 2013 11:39 AM

Oh yeah,now drivers are pretty good,maybe they crash a bit more but they are overall almost as good as nvidia drivers these days,i think...Some old drivers were really bad though but don't worry,now it's as if you were playing with a nvidia card ^^

Jim April 9, 2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliz (Post 701564)
Oh yeah,now drivers are pretty good,maybe they crash a bit more but they are overall almost as good as nvidia drivers these days,i think...Some old drivers were really bad though but don't worry,now it's as if you were playing with a nvidia card ^^

hey nice!,thanks man,still goin around in circles reading to much,need to pull the trigger

TedShackley April 10, 2013 06:52 AM

Save up and get a 1080p monitor, 3 years ago I got a 24"er for $200 on sale, still using it today


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.