Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Sapphire HD6950 making clicking noise (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/60453-sapphire-hd6950-making-clicking-noise.html)

great_big_abyss March 30, 2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech686239 (Post 699745)
The 650 Ti would be a downgrade from the 6950 eh?

I don't think so. Quite a bit more powerful. Maybe not worth the money to upgrade. But, if your fan is dead anyways, it would be a good choice.

Tech686239 March 30, 2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 699749)
I don't think so. Quite a bit more powerful. Maybe not worth the money to upgrade. But, if your fan is dead anyways, it would be a good choice.

how are your 660's?

Bond007 March 30, 2013 06:36 PM

Should be able to find someone that watercooled and is willing to sell the air cooler.

great_big_abyss March 30, 2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech686239 (Post 699753)
how are your 660's?

Incredibly quiet. Seriously. the fans stay at 10-30% during most use. I tried upping the speed manually, just to see what they would sound like, and you can't hear them at all under 60%. At full bore, they're just a dull whisper. I was floored when I heard how quiet they are. They're the quietest cards I've ever owned. And there's two of them!

Anyway, they perform great. Haven't noticed any microstuttering or any other bugs. I'm running BF3 at Ultra with full anti-aliasing, and I'm getting anywhere from 80-100fps.

One card could easily run BF3 on Ultra, albeit with AA turned low.

Tech686239 March 30, 2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 699768)
Incredibly quiet. Seriously. the fans stay at 10-30% during most use. I tried upping the speed manually, just to see what they would sound like, and you can't hear them at all under 60%. At full bore, they're just a dull whisper. I was floored when I heard how quiet they are. They're the quietest cards I've ever owned. And there's two of them!

Anyway, they perform great. Haven't noticed any microstuttering or any other bugs. I'm running BF3 at Ultra with full anti-aliasing, and I'm getting anywhere from 80-100fps.

One card could easily run BF3 on Ultra, albeit with AA turned low.

Could you link what cards you have... i would like to take a look on NCIX

great_big_abyss March 30, 2013 07:47 PM

ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU 1020MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

I had a GTX680 before these two, and I must say, I don't regret changing over one bit. These two cards are quieter than the one 680 with aftermarket heatsink.

Tech686239 March 30, 2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_big_abyss (Post 699772)
ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU 1020MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

I had a GTX680 before these two, and I must say, I don't regret changing over one bit. These two cards are quieter than the one 680 with aftermarket heatsink.

They are currently 200 bucks @ ncix. Now i just have to convince my wife :whistle:

Tech686239 April 9, 2013 04:28 AM

@great_big_abyss: I am using 3 24" monitor on my gaming rig. 2 DVI and one with an active displayport adapter. I see that ASUS 660 OC DirectCU are onsale right now for 184 after sale and rebate. Do you think this card can handle it? If i did get this card i would plan to add a second later. Or should i wait for the next generation of cards?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 AM.