Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2013, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Which motherboard do you have?

I ask because yes you can run two monitors off of the card and a third off of the motherboard. I know this because one of the guys I work with is doing that right now and he has the 550ti and for the rest of the system it is a 2600K on a Asus P8Z68-V Pro board. I should say that you will not get great gaming performance from that card but it still does ok for games that are not powerhouses.
I have an MSI board. Not sure which one, but its one of the better ones. Also running a 2600k. I will be able to extend all screens like this?
Old March 23, 2013, 01:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know on that Asus board you just have to have the right settings in the bios and you can use both the card and onboard. This will allow you to have 3 displays. As for yours I would have to know the exact board to be sure. Just run something like CPU-Z and then let me know what model it says you have on the motherboard tab.

Old April 8, 2013, 09:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I know on that Asus board you just have to have the right settings in the bios and you can use both the card and onboard. This will allow you to have 3 displays. As for yours I would have to know the exact board to be sure. Just run something like CPU-Z and then let me know what model it says you have on the motherboard tab.
I just looked at this message. The mobo is an Asus P8Z77-M. Am I able to use the onboard for the third minitor?
Old April 10, 2013, 11:29 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Any help?