Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2013, 07:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

[QUOTE=Soultribunal;698810]Sadly with all that HW...I'd still get better FPS scores in Tanks lol with my 260 than his dual titans.

-ST[/QUOTE

I hear ya, but would be cool to see some real world numbers with DX11 titles n benches, I used to this, and compare SLi to Tri Sli. I'm debating now on sending back the 680 Classy's for those Titans, problem is I'm out in the ship now till 20 Apr, the Classy's are at home still in the NCIX box ;)

Old March 25, 2013, 07:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Anybody flashed their titan to a better bios?

I'm thinking about getting one under water and taxing the VRMs with a modded bios.
Old March 25, 2013, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Bunch of folks over at EVGA have successfully flashed there BIOS. Check Evga Forum.

Old March 25, 2013, 09:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

From what I've been reading titans clock as high as the voltage will take them. Problem being the power delivery on the titans is somewhat underwhelming and is the main bottleneck on the card
Old March 26, 2013, 08:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I ran 3D Mark,and got this..NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3770K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA score: P18226 3DMarks I'm not too happy,but overall it's not too bad. I'll do some tweaking and run it again.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 26, 2013, 09:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
From what I've been reading titans clock as high as the voltage will take them. Problem being the power delivery on the titans is somewhat underwhelming and is the main bottleneck on the card
I think that is namely because like the 590 at launch day they couldn't push 40% more Vcore through them without them dying.
Not that anyone designs a reference board to go 40% above its nominal values. Hence modifications based on Reference design.
The card for the clocks it runs has a perfect power delivery.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 26, 2013, 10:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I think that is namely because like the 590 at launch day they couldn't push 40% more Vcore through them without them dying.
Not that anyone designs a reference board to go 40% above its nominal values. Hence modifications based on Reference design.
The card for the clocks it runs has a perfect power delivery.

-ST
Yes it's perfectly suited for the stock card, it's just disappointing that putting one underwater is mainly only for acoustic benefits because it'll reach it's max OC on air.
Old March 26, 2013, 02:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I ran 3D Mark,and got this..NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3770K Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS V FORMULA score: P18226 3DMarks I'm not too happy,but overall it's not too bad. I'll do some tweaking and run it again.
Thanks for the info, I would have thought closer to 20K...13.5K is what my SLi 580's did and 17K was Tri SLi 580's....good comparison.

As far as tweaking...what are you going to tweak? I would think the only thing you can do is OC both the CPU and GPU's.

Thanks again....think I'll stick to the 680's......maybe throw in a 3rd for some Benching fun

Old March 27, 2013, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've decided I'm not going to run benchmarks any more. Each benchmark app gives different numbers,and every time I run one,I get different scores. At the end of the day,my rig runs SUPER fast,SUPER cool,and SUPER quiet,which is exactly what I want from my rig in the first place. With a mild 4.2ghz cpu overclock,and video cards at stock settings,I run Crysis3,Far Cry3,ARMA3,BL2,Sniper Ghost Warrior etc. etc. at 2560x1600 with NO issues at all. I was never looking for bragging rights,I was looking for what I already have. A PC that does eveything I want from it. Just sayin. Thanks all.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 27, 2013, 12:56 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I've decided I'm not going to run benchmarks any more. Each benchmark app gives different numbers,and every time I run one,I get different scores. At the end of the day,my rig runs SUPER fast,SUPER cool,and SUPER quiet,which is exactly what I want from my rig in the first place. With a mild 4.2ghz cpu overclock,and video cards at stock settings,I run Crysis3,Far Cry3,ARMA3,BL2,Sniper Ghost Warrior etc. etc. at 2560x1600 with NO issues at all. I was never looking for bragging rights,I was looking for what I already have. A PC that does eveything I want from it. Just sayin. Thanks all.
I hear you there. To stay competitive in the benchmarks you have to fine tune everything and harden your system which is more hassel than it's worth to increase some numbers in an artificial test.