Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2013, 08:35 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Damn I wish I could get my hands on a set of titans, although I just want the compute features more than anything. Sure is a lot cheaper than a tesla or Phi co-processor (which i am seriously considering when they are released)
Old March 24, 2013, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
He's got an Antec Kuhler 920 set to it's quietest level via software. His 3770k @ 4.2 GHz doesn't go over 70*C and considering there's only a single 140mm fan for intake that's pretty good. We tried 4.4 GHz today and it got quite a bit warmer, also didn't see a major difference in benchmarks. I was going to try 4.6 GHz but he didn't want to.

But I can see his point. We probably wouldn't have gained too much more performance to be worth the added heat. We could have set the Antec to run faster fan speeds but he likes his rig silent.... and I can't believe how quiet it is!!! The fans on those Titans don't get too excited under load. We saw their temps top out at 80*C. Impressive.
It must be the compartmental design of the Thermaltake Level 10
An interesting read for your client if he wants you to spend more
X79 or z77 in 3way Titan Sli

Old March 24, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
He's got an Antec Kuhler 920 set to it's quietest level via software. His 3770k @ 4.2 GHz doesn't go over 70*C and considering there's only a single 140mm fan for intake that's pretty good. We tried 4.4 GHz today and it got quite a bit warmer, also didn't see a major difference in benchmarks. I was going to try 4.6 GHz but he didn't want to.

But I can see his point. We probably wouldn't have gained too much more performance to be worth the added heat. We could have set the Antec to run faster fan speeds but he likes his rig silent.... and I can't believe how quiet it is!!! The fans on those Titans don't get too excited under load. We saw their temps top out at 80*C. Impressive.
It must be the compartmental design of the Thermaltake Level 10
Just to clarify,..the 70c cpu temp,and the 80c gpu temps,were when we ran benchmarks. During heavy gaming,the cpu temps hit a max of about 62c,and the Titans hit a max of about 70c. For a case with very limited air flow,it's the most quiet I've ever had.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 24, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ How are you monitoring your CPU Temps "in game" ? Does the titan come with an 80mm Fan, as the Classy Cards come with 80mm Fans hence is why there so quite and run cool. Also, do you have a custom fan profile set-up on those Titans or is everything on auto?

Old March 24, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ How are you monitoring your CPU Temps "in game" ? Does the titan come with an 80mm Fan, as the Classy Cards come with 80mm Fans hence is why there so quite and run cool. Also, do you have a custom fan profile set-up on those Titans or is everything on auto?
Antec has temps in the software,and I also use HWMonitor. Yes,I run the cards on auto. The cooler is set to "silent".
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 24, 2013, 03:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Ran CPUID HWMonitor while benching and gaming, then checked the recorded max temps afterwards. I'm not sure of the Titan's fan size but we didn't tweak anything, just let them do their own thing.

Edit: Nevermind......... I was 'd by Slik. haha
Old March 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Ran CPUID HWMonitor while benching and gaming, then checked the recorded max temps afterwards. I'm not sure of the Titan's fan size but we didn't tweak anything, just let them do their own thing.

Edit: Nevermind......... I was 'd by Slik. haha
Yu answered it Killswitch, just wanted to make sure that there wasnt some new nifty OSD Software I didnt know about, remember going through this Temp monitoring questions re: Northbridge on my E759 Classy a few yrs ago...thanks.
btw....I'm pretty sure those are 80mm Fans on there, I'll check Evga site. Going from Reference 580's to 580 Classy's bought my fan speed down from 70% to 45% with Temps maxing out at 70c.

Hey Slik....in your Sig...
Two EVGA Titans SLI...drop the word "two" ...SLi is two...Tri SLi is of course 3

Old March 25, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Yu answered it Killswitch, just wanted to make sure that there wasnt some new nifty OSD Software I didnt know about, remember going through this Temp monitoring questions re: Northbridge on my E759 Classy a few yrs ago...thanks.
btw....I'm pretty sure those are 80mm Fans on there, I'll check Evga site. Going from Reference 580's to 580 Classy's bought my fan speed down from 70% to 45% with Temps maxing out at 70c.

Hey Slik....in your Sig...
Two EVGA Titans SLI...drop the word "two" ...SLi is two...Tri SLi is of course 3
Scalable Link Interface [SLI},allows connecting 2,3 or 4 video cards. In my case,it's 2. I have Two Titans. I think I have it right.
Old March 25, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Scalable Link Interface [SLI},allows connecting 2,3 or 4 video cards. In my case,it's 2. I have Two Titans. I think I have it right.
^^ You got her n I'm well aware, been running SLi , Tri SLi (never Quad SLi) since 2008 (I think) SLi 8800GTX and Tri SLi Evga 280's....now thats going back ..
btw....if you get a chance I'm sure many of us here would love to see some Benchmarks with those bad boys!!

Old March 25, 2013, 03:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
^^ You got her n I'm well aware, been running SLi , Tri SLi (never Quad SLi) since 2008 (I think) SLi 8800GTX and Tri SLi Evga 280's....now thats going back ..
btw....if you get a chance I'm sure many of us here would love to see some Benchmarks with those bad boys!!
Sadly with all that HW...I'd still get better FPS scores in Tanks lol with my 260 than his dual titans.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com