Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 19, 2013, 07:35 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

My second Titan should be here tomorrow, for me its all about the visual appeal in gaming,...still cheaper than owning a Harley, quad or monster truck LOL...
Old March 19, 2013, 07:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

$$$$ wise the 3770 is a great option but not the "best" for someone wanting the "best" ;) The X79 Chipset running Multi card platforms IS the best, particularly for the speed of a couple of those bad boys, the additional Bandwidth on the PCI -E Lanes of the X79 is perfect for those Cards to stretch there legs.
Now, with Cards you have, OC that CPU to 4.5 - 4.6 Ghz and let em stretch some more ;)
Anyhow, great Cards, I actually changed my Order from 2xEvga GTX 680 FTW's to Classifieds, still only $1200 and for another $1200 I've got a X79 RIVE and 3930k with 16GB Dominators coming ......my X59 platform is now ahem 4 yrs old!!!

OC your CPU and throw up some benchmarks for us, would love to see the #'s.

Old March 19, 2013, 07:37 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

PS I have run 3 way sli with EVGA GTX680 SC and 1 Titan visually outperforms that setup, gameplay is more fluid and detail is way better....one can argue about specs and benchmarks but for me again is the visual impression.
Old March 19, 2013, 09:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I plan on doing a build with Haswell when it's released. That is,if my buddy Killswitch is up to it. With the rig I have now, built with my buddy,the better way to go for gaming,was with the 3770K.
I'll build absolutely anything you want man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
$$$$ wise the 3770 is a great option but not the "best" for someone wanting the "best" ;) The X79 Chipset running Multi card platforms IS the best, particularly for the speed of a couple of those bad boys, the additional Bandwidth on the PCI -E Lanes of the X79 is perfect for those Cards to stretch there legs.
Now, with Cards you have, OC that CPU to 4.5 - 4.6 Ghz and let em stretch some more ;)
Anyhow, great Cards, I actually changed my Order from 2xEvga GTX 680 FTW's to Classifieds, still only $1200 and for another $1200 I've got a X79 RIVE and 3930k with 16GB Dominators coming ......my X59 platform is now ahem 4 yrs old!!!

OC your CPU and throw up some benchmarks for us, would love to see the #'s.
At the time I recommended the 3770K because he had a pair of EVGA GTX680 superclocked cards. I didn't know much or had much time to OC his Intel rig to the 9's so I "cheated" and went with the bios preset to 4.2GHz. If climbing higher to unleash maximum performance of his Titans is needed, and if Slik doesn't mind the added resulting heat, I'll gladly take some time to push it hard for some benchmarks.
Old March 19, 2013, 11:09 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

If i was able to sell my Gtx 670, i think i will buy one !!
Old March 20, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I could overclock the CPU easily in the bios. My problem is the size of the interior of my Level 10.[non GT]. I hate heat. I may need a larger,or double rad for a CPU cooler when hitting 4.6ghz and above with the 3770,and a larger cooler won't fit. The Antec 920 cooler I have now,is better than I thought it would be,so it may work out fine. I'll have to do some experimenting. That said,I have to wait for Haswell specs,mobo requirements etc. before the new build. I may be fine with the Antec cooler,my existing PSU,ram etc. for Haswell. We shall see.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 20, 2013, 05:55 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I don't know what you mean. What does Final Fantasy 10 have to do with anything?
He's joking. In FFX if you hit an enemy and did enough damage to kill it past a certain percentage of its Maximum hit points a little 'Overkill' logo would pop-up above the monster's disintegrating corpse.

Damn that game was great.

Back on topic though, I'm pretty tempted to grab a titan, but until I start gaming past 1080p, I can't really justify getting rid of my GTX 670 FTW.... or can I?
Old March 20, 2013, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeKnight View Post
He's joking. In FFX if you hit an enemy and did enough damage to kill it past a certain percentage of its Maximum hit points a little 'Overkill' logo would pop-up above the monster's disintegrating corpse.

Damn that game was great.

Back on topic though, I'm pretty tempted to grab a titan, but until I start gaming past 1080p, I can't really justify getting rid of my GTX 670 FTW.... or can I?
Thanks. If you plan on playing games like Far Cry 3,BL2,Crysis 3,and similar games fully maxed and with 1080p,I think you may want to really consider a Titan. Or,you could wait for the Nvidia 700 series. Who knows what the 700 will bring to the table? One of those may be more than enough for a single monitor,high resolution set up.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 20, 2013, 07:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The Irony of watching Slik's upgrade path, is where he started from on here.

Shame on you killswitch for doing Z77 when X79 gives more PCI-e Lanes. For what HE is doing, its a much better decision.
You did NOT overkill it enough. I might change your name to Killmaybe.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 20, 2013, 07:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I bought the Titan because I wanted SLi/Xfire level performance in a single card. For me, flexibility is key. If I decide to go with a Micro-ATX setup tomorrow I can use a single, high-performance card more easily than a SLi setup due to heat and power requirements. Also most Micro-ATX motherboards have PCI-E slot arrangements that generally cause SLi'd or Xfire'd cards to be within close proximity of each other, and this dictates that I'd need to liquid cool them with larger radiators than would be feasible in a small case.

I also wanted to use nVidia due to the Lightboost mod I'm using with my BenQ XL2420T, giving me near CRT levels of motion blur. This can be done on AMD with a Samsung 700/950D monitor, but I'd have to scale down the detail level to maintain the 100-120fps I'd need to get full effect.

So far I'm very happy with it, and I plan to try overclocking it soon. I'm also moving a de-lidded 3770K into that configuration so that I can overclock it without the temperature limits imposed by Intel's poor IHS and TIM setup. I plan to try and get close to 5Ghz on a Corsair H80 with this configuration, now that I've received my Liquid Metal supplies.

I can also say my EVGA Titan looks pretty slick in the window of my newly obtained Phantom 820 case because of the lit logo on the top of the heat sink assembly

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732