Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2013, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Great review as always Sky....I have been tossing around theidea of gettig rid of my SLi 580 Classy Ultras for awhile now, with the Cuda Cores going from 5xx to 15xx it seemed to unreal that Kepler could be that much better than Fermi, BUT it sure is!!!
Tired of "dialing down" settings and I've had the Classy's for 15 months now, I'll throw em up on BST soon, as I did order a couple of Evga 680 FTW+ 4GB Cards for $539 each!!
Debated on going for a couple of Titans, but at only 2560 x 1440 and well over $2k simply couldnt bring myself to drop that kind of $$$!!

The difference (in $$$) between SLi Titans and SLi 680 FTW 4GB Cards is a new 2011 Socket set-up :)

Old March 16, 2013, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueByte View Post
I would like to see a comparison between AMD and Intel for the frame times with a combo of cards. My 2 7970's in xfire flicker or jitter effect on anything less then 4.6Ghz(8350). Open it up past that 4.7 and 4.8 and it seems to run smooth again in the same games or 3Dmark. There is an issue there that AMD needs to address.
Your problem is AMD CPUs are terrible for multi GPU:

AMD FX-8350 vs Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz - Multi-GPU Gaming Performance by VR-Zone.com

I haven't been noticing a lot of flickering or stuttering with my 990X at stock speeds and 7970CF.
Old March 17, 2013, 08:03 AM
Rookie

Wow Titan crushes multi GPU and especially Crossfire. The fps number is almost meaningless because of runt frames, but frame times
can't hide.

Old March 17, 2013, 08:45 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The RealRollo View Post
Your problem is AMD CPUs are terrible for multi GPU:

AMD FX-8350 vs Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz - Multi-GPU Gaming Performance by VR-Zone.com

I haven't been noticing a lot of flickering or stuttering with my 990X at stock speeds and 7970CF.
That review is the flip of that notorious tech syndicate review that artificially put AMD in a better light. I need to investigate why my flickering happens just have not had time to rip it apart and try a few different scenarios. could be my arrangement in the case even because of the monster heatsinks on these asus cards.
Old March 17, 2013, 10:06 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck2448 View Post
Wow Titan crushes multi GPU and especially Crossfire. The fps number is almost meaningless because of runt frames, but frame times
can't hide.
Super tempted to sell my CFX and get a single Titan.
Old March 17, 2013, 01:08 PM
Trial Member

So nice to see frame times represented in GPU reviews so we can get a better idea of actual gaming experience. HWC may not have been the first to do so, but I knew you guys would. As a first time poster here I just wanted to say that you folks are my favety-fave tech site. I really appreciate how you take extra steps to show real-world results, such as testing stock and non-stock fans with heatsinks, etc. Great show.