Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2013, 11:08 AM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
I'll go out on a limb here and guess..... ya he's talking about 3D glasses and he might mean that his gameplay is smooth "between" stutters.

Bliz, that sounds like a driver issue. Does it get better at all if settings are turned down?
I hardly call it smooth if there is even a hint of stuttering. Smooth is good FPS and fluid graphics. Stuttering means fail in my books. Can be a matter of life and death in some games.
Old February 27, 2013, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
a matter of life and death in some games.
Now that is the classic definition of an Oxymoron.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old February 27, 2013, 11:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

My vote for Gtx 680 .
Old February 27, 2013, 11:50 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I hardly call it smooth if there is even a hint of stuttering. Smooth is good FPS and fluid graphics. Stuttering means fail in my books. Can be a matter of life and death in some games.
Ya I get what you're saying... but he's saying it's smooth AND THEN it stutters. His rig should be getting at least 40fps playing FC3. If he does and it keeps dropping and stuttering then he has a driver issue or something.

Far Cry 3 Performance Test: Graphics & CPU > 1920x1200 - High Quality - TechSpot
Old February 27, 2013, 01:55 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Thanks Dzzope,very kind of you,i will let you know if i find something really worth the price ,but i'm not buying anything yet...

Yes,i can play FarCry 3 smooth on max settings with the background effect thing off ,i get stable FPS but when i set it more than medium,it's stuttering every second,but it's smooth between that,looks like a driver issue,but it maybe fixed with new drivers,i played farcry 3 just after it was released and didn't try with new drivers.

I was obviously talking about 3D glasses (-_-) like that...

Xmanrigger,are you a troll or can you think for a second that i will buy a 680 for 2D games
Old February 27, 2013, 02:10 PM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Yes,i can play FarCry 3 smooth on max settings with the background effect thing off ,i get stable FPS but when i set it more than medium,it's stuttering every second,
That can hardly be considered smooth. Not sure what other's standards are here, but that sure as shit dont meet mine.

Quote:
Xmanrigger,are you a troll or can you think for a second that i will buy a 680 for 2D games
The only trolling here is from a couple of mis-informed members here that seem to think mediocre hardware is going to give you the 'full meal deal' in the most demanding games out there. As far as thinking you would use a 680 for 2D, you are the one that considers 'enormous stuttering' smooth game play. Stuttering every second, but smooth in between? Nice.

I will drop graphics quality before I ever put up with 'stuttering'.
Old February 27, 2013, 02:35 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Maybe i should have said micro stuttering without SLI...sorry...
Anyway you understand what i mean

Trying to speak english correctly ,sorry Don't worry, I know the power of every graphic's card in the world.

I mean,i know which one is faster than the other...

Last edited by bliz; February 27, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old February 27, 2013, 02:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Yes,i can play FarCry 3 smooth on max settings with the background effect thing off ,i get stable FPS but when i set it more than medium,it's stuttering every second,but it's smooth between that,looks like a driver issue,but it maybe fixed with new drivers,i played farcry 3 just after it was released and didn't try with new drivers.
You gotta reload that game with the latest drivers.
I don't run Nvidia cards but it's gotta be improved compared to what you described. There was a known issue with stuttering in early drivers.

Quote:
That can hardly be considered smooth. Not sure what other's standards are here, but that sure as shit dont meet mine.
I don't think you're fully reading any of the posts. He didn't say it was a slide show! He said smooth then stuttered. Pretty simple. He also said he didn't try FarCry 3 with the latest drivers. Besides.... Who said it was acceptable?

Quote:
The only trolling here is from a couple of mis-informed members here that seem to think mediocre hardware is going to give you the 'full meal deal' in the most demanding games out there. As far as thinking you would use a 680 for 2D, you are the one that considers 'enormous stuttering' smooth game play. Stuttering every second, but smooth in between? Nice.

I will drop graphics quality before I ever put up with 'stuttering'.
Who's trolling? He's running an i5 2500K and GTX570. Pretty damn good gear for 1080p if you ask me. Yeah more is always better but a 6 core lga2011 with 12gb of ram and a gtx680 isn't really necessary. Please explain to us why he shouldn't be able to run FC3 full out (minus AA).

Far Cry 3 PC Gameplay GTX 570 Maxed out HD 1080p - YouTube
Old February 27, 2013, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Sounds to me like FarCry3 is suffering a similar issue to it's predecessor. I remember having to run the game in DX9 or cap the frames at 30 to eliminate the stuttering. Single card too, not CF.
Old February 27, 2013, 03:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Thread cleaned. Let's keep it on topic and focused on helping the OP with his questions.