Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2013, 03:17 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If it's just the desktop message then I'd just ignore it(and tell it not to ask again). Unless you notice it in game of course.
Old February 22, 2013, 05:57 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque View Post
I pre-ordered 3.

I'm gaming at 7680X1600. I think 3 Titans should be enough... I hope.
That's one hell of a setup. TITAN + 3x 30" + display overclocking = heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin1706 View Post
BF3, Crysis 2 w/ textures, modded gt4 all with max settings. vram is 1.6-1.9 then once in a while it hits 2 and I get a popup asking if I want to change the color scheme to basic. Running 1920x1200 plus a 1080p as a secondary, but only gaming on the 1920x1200.
This is who TITAN is for. People who play modded games and aren't happy with standard image quality.
Old February 22, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Why would AMD be worried about this card? I keep hearing references as to how AMD should be worried as Nvidia has been saving this core. Well to me, it seems like Nvidia can't get enough good ones to do more than make a high end niche card and work station cards. AMD does not even need to compete with this card, their current high end card is already close enough for less than 1/2 the cost. This card will not effect sales of current stuff by much if at all.

I agree with all of you saying this card appeals to the guys buying Intel Extreme CPU's, 480GB Revo drives and all other super high end (expensive) parts. It has it's place, I doubt they will have any trouble at all selling them.
Old February 22, 2013, 06:27 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
That's one hell of a setup. TITAN + 3x 30" + display overclocking = heaven.
And after a complete calibration with my i1 Pro and CalMan, those monitors are now totally unbeleivable. The difference between the ''before'' and ''after'' is night and day. Really major difference.

You should think about doing an article on how to properly calibrate monitors. I'm pretty sure 99% of the ''gamer ahead of the curve'' don't have a clue about that, and don't know that their brand new shiny monitor look like ****. It could be a very informative article and eye-opener for alot of people. Think the fellowship of the ring seeing the Inside of the Moria for the first time. Same thing.

I can't beleive all those people using great 24'' and 30'' monitors and using them ''out of the box'' without any calibration. They don't have a clue what they are missing...

Crazy OCed CPU, crazy GPUs, OCed RAM, spending trucks of money... but no calibration of the picture... Sigh... Why pay for all this if you don't calibrate the most important thing of the chain of picture quality: the monitor(s)?

I calibrate the monitors of alot of my friends and they always tell me after looking at the before and after: ''! and I was playing on that!''

I'm calibrating projectors an tv in high-end HTs, and when I'm finished, I always ask people if they want me to also calibrate their PC monitor. Huh lol wut? is always the answer. So I always ask them why they are paying me to calibrate their projector, but not the monitor they are using with their PC... And after I'm done they are like ''wow!''. But people don't think about the PC monitor, because they think it's ok OOTB.

But it's never ok OOTB. You have no idea how many fugly ''high-end'' 24'' and 30'' I have seen out there!

Last edited by Levesque; February 22, 2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old February 22, 2013, 09:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
Just a point, go back to the 690 thread.. check out the comments on the price there too.

Wonder if more time will make people adjust.. or if like me it's still just too much compared to the 680, 670 and especially 7970.. Which at least in that suite of games was much closer than I had expected.
With the GTX 295 the pricing was in-line with two GTX 275s. With the AMD 6990 and GTX 590/690, the pricing became untenable and was more than double the high end cards. Yeah the GTX 580 was $500.00, but the GTX 570 was cheaper and two SLi'd would exceed one GTX 590.. The only reason to have gotten those dual GPU single cards was to do quad SLI, or in some cases, only use one slot, or put SLi on a board that didn't support it.

The problem is, nowadays all boards support SLI/CF, and two 7950s or GTX 660TI will meet or exceed this performance for a far lower dollar. My only love of the Titan, is that the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill View Post
I tried to overclock my U2711 as well and ya it starts dropping frames and therefore becomes choppy. I tried to OC all of my displays (MVA,IPS,TN) and none of them could be OC'd.

FWIW when I tried to OC my displays I simply created a custom resolution in the NV Control Panel. Is this somehow different than using EVGA precision?
You're dropping frames causing the choppiness. The only real overclockable monitors are the Catleap 2B/Overlord/120hz.net monitors at 27", or get a Samsung S23A700D or BenQ XL2420T and try the blurbusters tricks to get lightboost to reduce sample and hold blur. I've done it on my XL2420T with great results, now going to try the Samsung.

That being said, one of the features I really want to try is monitor overclocking with the GTX Titan. I've gotten the Overlord 27" to 120+ hz with my current AMD and nVidia cards, but I want to see if the Titan is something special, or just the same old being touted as a new feature.

I didn't feel the Overlord at 120hz was that big of an improvement, but driving that at 120fps for gaming is not easy with current hardware, so maybe the Titan will improve that.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old February 24, 2013, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

THe more I try to crank up settings on games with 5760X1080 the more I like the idea of a more powerful single card. Got a great deal on one HD 7950, even if I match that deal I'll still be $600 into hoping my dual cards will cut it for newer games.

I still say drop the price to $800 and that card is perfectly priced and would definitely sell. ANytime you go over $999 it just reeks of too expensive.
Old February 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It is a little worst then I thought it would be,I thought it would beat the GTX-690 ,but at a $1000 that is just to much money.If it had came out first I might of thought about it.But my two GTX-670's in SLI is plenty fast enough for me since I just game at 1920 x1080.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Old February 25, 2013, 03:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Well the 7970 and 680s were too much money, and people swooped them up, and that was like approx less than a year ago, the waiting list for the 680s were crazy for weeks...dont we remember??
Old February 25, 2013, 03:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't think they will have any trouble selling alot of these cards.
Old February 25, 2013, 03:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
I don't think they will have any trouble selling alot of these cards.
You are probably right, which is why the price will never drop.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com