Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2013, 08:15 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Great review Sky, just a disappointment for Titan especially for it's price point, there are very few reasons for someone to pick this card up.
Old February 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have played the SLI game for a long time (still do). The amount of stuttering or issues I get is remote. Save when games like WoT Update there engine and drop SLI support...do I suffer from performance loss.

I still think it should be cheaper than a 690. No knock against your own conclusions SKY the review was as thought out as I have come to expect from you. I just don't agree with the PP and justification of it.
I would be willing , if I had the cash, to get a 690 overtop the Titan.

From the looks of it, many people share that belief.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 21, 2013, 08:41 AM

My System Specs

I probably would have upgraded to 2 of them if they were $800. Won't be buying any @ $1000 though. It seems like a good card just too expensive.

As for the monitor overclocking, My U2711 is now rocking out @ 77Hz.

EDIT: Make that 72Hz
EDIT2: Back down to 60Hz. Everything was considerably less smooth.

Last edited by lowfat; February 21, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old February 21, 2013, 09:18 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeHobbit View Post
I would agree to $700.

At $1000 (and perhaps on sale for $900 or so) there will be a very small market for these and much of that market will already have a 690 in their machines.
Agree 100% with the $700, as pricey as that is . Would be nice if they offered a version without the expensive cooler for people who are just going to water cool it, maybe shave $50 off the cost too. This launch seems more like a kick in the junk than anything else.

Going to try and overclock my monitors when I get home.
Old February 21, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The Titan is a gamers card. I'm a gamer. Enough said.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old February 21, 2013, 10:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
The Titan is a gamers card. I'm a gamer. Enough said.
Right now, the Titan is for people who want to prove to others they have money to burn.
At the price point it as at. Nothing more,

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
As for the monitor overclocking, My U2711 is now rocking out @ 77Hz.

EDIT: Make that 72Hz
EDIT2: Back down to 60Hz. Everything was considerably less smooth.
I tried to overclock my U2711 as well and ya it starts dropping frames and therefore becomes choppy. I tried to OC all of my displays (MVA,IPS,TN) and none of them could be OC'd.

FWIW when I tried to OC my displays I simply created a custom resolution in the NV Control Panel. Is this somehow different than using EVGA precision?
Old February 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Dam guys!!! you are so mean with the Titan,thought that you would defend it more than that^^
I think that the price will go down very quickly tho,when they wukk realize that they only sold 10...it's gonna be 700$ or 800$ soon...

That monitor overclocking is very dangerous i think,should not do that, you don't know what can happen...
Old February 21, 2013, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Right now, the Titan is for people who want to prove to others they have money to burn.
At the price point it as at. Nothing more,

-ST
I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody,and I don't have money to burn,but I do have money to spend on a hobby that both my wife and I enjoy together. I don't go to bars or pool rooms,and we don't take expensive holidays or travel a lot. Don't go out to restaurants that often either. I'm VERY VERY lucky. I have a wife that enjoys PC gaming as much as I do,and that means no arguements etc. regarding upgrades,or my wanting to stay ahead of the hardware curve. My comments are not meant to brag,I just relate to how very fortunate I am. My wife is pretty damn fortunate too. She has me!!
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old February 21, 2013, 10:43 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

but but but the smooooothness...