Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2013, 04:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes, but the 690's price is somewhat justified. The Titan, not so much.
Old March 4, 2013, 04:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Real problem is that Titan is more useful to multi-monitor guys. One single supercard is best for ultra high res.
Old March 4, 2013, 06:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Not if your looking at Crysis 3 with all the eye candy turned up. You will want to CF/SLI for sure.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:03 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't think the price will ever come down because that card can be use as a Professional graphic card and has high-performance computing power compared to a GTX-690.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Old March 7, 2013, 12:17 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmorejohn46 View Post
I don't think the price will ever come down because that card can be use as a Professional graphic card and has high-performance computing power compared to a GTX-690.
It looks like it already is. You can pickup one for $999

CHEERS
Old March 8, 2013, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Then lucky you. SLi drivers are better than XFire drivers, but there are plenty of games that the drivers are not optimized for it. Single card drivers ALWAYS get better faster...and always at least work. Many games wont even SLI/XFire for weeks/months after launch!

BUT dont say that power consumption and heat doesnt play a big role in a lot of peoples purchasing decisions. Lower power consumption means less heat created...which means lower noise cooling solutions needed. Not everyone wants a modern day dust buster. Not everyone wants to go the WC route. Hell look at the DB levels of this beast. It even quieter than a 680...and walks all over it in performance.

Honestly, sounds to me like some people just want to find fault with a premium card. Is it perfect? Nope. Is it the fastest consumer grade GPU to hit the market? Yes. Does AMD have anything even close right now? Nope. Could it be / should it be cheaper? Sure...but this is a status card. It is the undisputed single card KING. You always pay a premium for that. This is the same 'bang for your buck' nonsense people get one with every generation. Oh the new flagship model is X, for less you can get two Y's etc etc etc. To hear some people tell it we should all be using 20 year beater cars as they are cheaper than brand new ' Benz. If you can afford the Benz...why the hell would you not pamper yourself?!
Damn that was well said!!!! Here's the deal....with the new DX11 games I now have to start "down tweaking" settings to get my perfect 60 +FPS on my Dell U2711 2560 x 1440.
My rule of them is, that as son I have to start down tweaking settings before I play, I consider a better graphics solution, something that will get me back to Ultra Settings, Max AA Max MSAA Max AF or whatever, I'm sure you get the picture.
Remember folks this Card is leaning to the larger ultra high Resolutions and multi monitors, would love a couple of these in SLi on my Dell and a little FC3 or Crysis3 etc etc..perhaps Witcher 3? Remember how that Super Sampling brings your GPU's to there knees...

Old March 11, 2013, 07:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have my Titans installed using the 314.14 beta drivers,and all I can say is, WOW! I didn't benchmark any numbers,just maxed the cards and games etc. and had a ball. No issues,no problems. [touch wood].
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old March 11, 2013, 07:20 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Oh Yeah rub it in.

Lets see some pics and numbers please. :)
Old March 12, 2013, 11:52 PM
Rookie

Missing the point. Titan's Frame latency is 100% BETTER than 690 or 7970 which is even more important than raw fps, where often times big latencies indicate frames that are not even viewable. The Titan is a huge leap over the competition if one bothers to actually read the details. Now more and more reviewers are finally exposing the frame latency issue and that is great for the consumer. It is well worth a few hundred bucks more than the other cards.
Old March 13, 2013, 05:38 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

And wait 'till you see the difference in tonight's review of Titan versus Crossfire and SLI setups. The difference is extreme.