Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2013, 12:04 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default NVIDIA’s New GPU Game Bundle Offers In-Game Credits

Instead of including this season’s most hotly anticipated titles within their new game bundle, NVIDIA is instead offering up credits for in-game F2P purchases.

In an effort to increase sales of their graphics cards, both AMD and NVIDIA have begun offering generous game bundles alongside their cards. The latest salvo in this protracted battle was launched by AMD with the newest iteration of the Never Settle bundle.

Read more here: NVIDIA?s New GPU Game Bundle Offers In-Game Credits | Hardware Canucks

I'd love to hear what people think about this and how it compares against what AMD is offering.
Old February 11, 2013, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I think they would have been better to offer X value of games on steam/origin/blizzard.. Let the user decide what to get = happier users.
This would win even against AMD's bundle as not everyone is into those games..
I for one am not a crysis fan or a tomb raider fan, I'd play them for free but the bundle doesn't save me anything as I would not have bought them otherwise. Store credit will save me money.

That said of the options available this is not a bad one as the likes of Hawken are pretty stressful on GPU and these FTP games are hugely popular.
Not the best option IMO but maybe the best feasible option nvidia could come up with.
Old February 11, 2013, 12:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As an Ex-Wargamming.net person, I think the popularity of WoT coupled with the other two makes the value much better than what AMD has bundled. IMO.

And it gives much needed promotion to said games.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com