Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Problem with GPU or drivers? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/59441-problem-gpu-drivers.html)

OC-Guru January 31, 2013 05:08 PM

Problem with GPU or drivers?

Hi guys..

I recently bought a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 OC, at 1st I experienced game graphical glitches / gray overlay PC lockups.. after a while these problems have gone, but I recently tried running ALLBenchmark Cat(something) ,, and this.. is the results. (in 720p mode).. I have not tried 3D mark but I can tell you unique heaven DX11 benchmark works fantastic.. them graphics :o

Thanks in advance for any feedback

wtf.. problem with the GPU? - YouTube

Shadowmeph January 31, 2013 05:40 PM

I am not sure but it could depend on the game or games you are playing, I have played a few games and the only game so far where I have had a lock up or actual allot of lock ups freeze is farcry3 maybe check your heat

OC-Guru February 1, 2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 687726)
I am not sure but it could depend on the game or games you are playing, I have played a few games and the only game so far where I have had a lock up or actual allot of lock ups freeze is farcry3 maybe check your heat

Temps are fine, they don't push above 60c.. infact idle it sits around 20-25c.. Far cry 3 runs fine for me?

Thanks for the feedback.

bliz February 1, 2013 02:12 AM

I think i'm almost sure it's the card,actually the overclock does support games but not benchmarks,it's too hard,so i suggest you try with an older version of Catalyst,but it's probably the card. Test the same benchmarks without overclock.If it runs fine, it's the card

Heaven bench is more like a game.

Actually,a PC lockup IN a benchmark looks like it's the card...Never seen artifacts like that tho...

OC-Guru February 1, 2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliz (Post 687785)
I think i'm almost sure it's the card,actually the overclock does support games but not benchmarks,it's too hard,so i suggest you try with an older version of Catalyst,but it's probably the card. Test the same benchmarks without overclock.If it runs fine, it's the card

Heaven bench is more like a game.

Actually,a PC lockup IN a benchmark looks like it's the card...Never seen artifacts like that tho...

it wasn't the PC that locked up in the benchmarks, the PC used to lockup at any given time, regardless of if I was staring at the desktop or anything.. for example if I fullscreened someone that was sharing their screen with me on skype, it would sometimes crash, if I shared my screen with someone on skype, it would crash.. but them problems are no longer existent since the 13.1 driver.

bliz February 1, 2013 09:20 AM

Ah ok i thought it was during benchmarks...

OC-Guru February 1, 2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliz (Post 687851)
Ah ok i thought it was during benchmarks...

I'm no entirely sure on where the issue lays

bigFOIG February 1, 2013 05:57 PM

Try underclocking it as far as it will go and see if it happens.

OC-Guru February 2, 2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigFOIG (Post 687940)
Try underclocking it as far as it will go and see if it happens.

Okay will do, thanks :)

Jonathan Palmer April 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Hi I was just wondering if you found a solution to this problem? I have the same motherboard and Video card and I'm having similar issues.
I hope are computers similarities are just a coincidence. Because I just bought a new Gigabyte Radion HD 7850 OC 2GB and it should be in sometime tomorrow.

I'll post back to let you all know if the new card fixes the problem. If not I'll have to send it back as well and get a completely different card.