Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Upgrading Graphic Card (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/59202-upgrading-graphic-card.html)

kenanchristian January 18, 2013 03:39 AM

Upgrading Graphic Card

hey everybody, i hv a computer that my father build and it sucks for playing game because its still using the graphic card from the mobo, i want to upgrade it so i can play the games nice and smoothly

Here are the spec of my PC:

Proccessor : Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz
Memory : 2GB DDR2
PSU : Simbadda 380W
Motherboard : Biostar G41-M7 ver 6.2

i hv a small budget arround 70$
can i buy something for upgrading my pc?

ZZLEE January 18, 2013 03:46 AM

where do you live ? more fore sending you to a place fore parts.

Up grade Power supply.
Up grade GPU

Fore 700 canadian you can almost build a whole new system. ?

What type off games? List a few you want to play.

kenanchristian January 18, 2013 04:02 AM

Im sorry i mean 70$ dor the budget (just edited that)
i live in Indonesia i hv arround 700K IDR

what do u suggest now?
I think its too small budget for upgrading

maybe playing something like crysis, darksiders or something else, on normal graphic setting is fine for me
just make the game run smoothly with normal setting

bliz January 18, 2013 04:15 AM

Actually,i'm afraid it would not be worth it,the whole PC is too slow i think.

OC-Guru January 18, 2013 04:24 AM

Hi mate, for $70 I would recommend an SSD.

After that, upgrade your Power Supply and then buy yourself a nice low endish graphics card, I'd recommend something like a Radeon HD 5570 or 6670.. these cards shouldn't be too expensive and play games really well at lower resolutions (1280x1024 or 1366x768)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliz (Post 685078)
Actually,i'm afraid it would not be worth it,the whole PC is too slow i think.

^^ Don't listen to this guy, you can get a load of performance out of your PC. see my girlfriends rig for ideas, her PC can play games even like GTA IV, Battlefield 3, etc.

kenanchristian January 18, 2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC-Guru (Post 685083)

After that, upgrade your Power Supply and then buy yourself a nice low endish graphics card, I'd recommend something like a Radeon HD 5570 or 6670.. these cards shouldn't be too expensive and play games really well at lower resolutions (1280x1024 or 1366x768)

^^ Don't listen to this guy, you can get a load of performance out of your PC. see my girlfriends rig for ideas, her PC can play games even like GTA IV, Battlefield 3, etc.

Why is the SSD?
I hv a big enough hard drives :)
maybe i should save some money and then buy an power supply and the graphic card
how about it?

ZZLEE January 18, 2013 04:55 AM

Power supply fist a 650 Watt or more. Seasonic or Higher quality

then maybe GPU 120 $ C to 150 $ C

I don't know much about buying parts in your area.

Mail order from Hong Kong would be my thought.

great_big_abyss January 18, 2013 05:17 AM

Forget about upgrading the powersupply, you don't have enough money. Plus, the Powersupply you have is enough for the kind of card you can afford.

700K IDR (I'm assuming that means Indonesian Rupiahs??) will get you something like this: hDigital Alliance Radeon 5670

That should at least give you enough power to play all modern games at low settings, if not medium settings.

kenanchristian January 18, 2013 05:17 AM

My friend suggest me to buy Digital Alliance HD 4850
He has a 340watt power supply and he said that the graphic card works well

how about that?
Must i buy that one?

Kilauea January 18, 2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC-Guru (Post 685083)

Yes having a SSD is really nice, but I would never recommend that for your needs. Your computer may not be the fastest, but it would definitively benefit from a new GPU (not a top of the line one). With your no name PSU it is hard to recommend anything because its like a time bomb where we don't know when it will fail dragging with it other parts (most likely). As others have suggested, getting a new PSU (a quality 400 or 450w would be plenty) would be a priority, then getting a new GPU would be more appropriate.

Now, if you want to take the risk, I would recommend at least getting a GPU which doesn't require much power. It won't be amazing, but still much better than what you currently have. I am not fully aware of recent models that fit these requirements. I know I did this for my gf for when I want to play games on her computer, I can play fine with lowered details.