Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Interesting 680 situation (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/59074-interesting-680-situation.html)

Rollergold January 10, 2013 02:54 PM

Interesting 680 situation

Got a couple of 680's in SLI and I decided to slap on the 3 way SLI bridge since the orange, floppy, 2 way bridge Asus includes just sticks out like a sore thumb but when I started up the machine again with the 2 way bridge the Nvidia control panel said "Connect the 2 SLI ready Graphics Cards with an SLI connector", OK?

So I try a different 2 way bridge same result. Put the 3 way back on, disabled SLI, shut the machine back down and put the 2 way back on, same result.

Even tried disabling SLI, removing bridge, totally removing the graphics driver, rebooting the machine after uninstall, then redownloading and reinstalling the latest driver and still these 680's seem hell bent in only doing SLI with the 3 way bridge.

This doesn't effect my frame rate or use of the cards in any way but I find it interesting that these 2 cards are being picky about which SLI bridge is connecting them together :haha:

ZZLEE January 10, 2013 03:33 PM

try flipping end fore end the 2 way bridge.

G777 January 10, 2013 04:12 PM

You could also trying swapping the cards, no idea why but sometimes that fixes sli problems

Rollergold January 10, 2013 04:49 PM

I actually tried swapping card placements but nothing. Its not really causing problems per say but its kinda interesting that they are acting like such brats :haha:

Arinoth January 10, 2013 04:58 PM

Have you made sure that all your monitors are plugged into the primary card? Any monitors plugged into the 2nd card automatically disables sli UNLESS you setup nvidia surround. I know this as I have 3 monitors hooked to primary card, without surround enabled but have sli enabled and working.

norfolk January 13, 2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 683598)
Have you made sure that all your monitors are plugged into the primary card? Any monitors plugged into the 2nd card automatically disables sli UNLESS you setup nvidia surround. I know this as I have 3 monitors hooked to primary card, without surround enabled but have sli enabled and working.

I have 2 monitors going into the primary card and I am getting the same results as Arinoth

KaptCrunch January 13, 2013 09:24 AM

rollergold i see bios 0301 fixes issue with dram OS report

are both cards same manu and model ?

check the video slots if any flat connectors are flatten....use a safety pin to re-arch contact note no power to MB when doing so

Rollergold January 13, 2013 10:34 AM

Both cards are the very same make and model and none of them are reporting anything funny with the ram and I'm not getting any performance decrease or instability.

KaptCrunch January 13, 2013 10:49 AM

run the intel inf utility