Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7, 2013, 02:48 PM
Top Prospect

Default Gtx 670 driver problem "Very strange"

Hello guys,

I got this weird problem what ive never had before with my earlier graphic cards...
but this is what the problem is...

I use the 306.97 drivers
now maybe you ask why arent you using the latest drivers for the gtx 670...
well thats the problem
there was a new driver 310.70 ... I installed it and then when I start my game Medal of Honor warfighter or battlefield 3 it crashes immediatly when I am in a server or when single player starts...
now you have the 310.90 drivers so I thought I give it another shot... because it is a newer one and then again the same problem...

but the strange thing was... I could play with those newer drivers the game assassins creed 3 what is very strange... I cant say its the game that makes this problem for me because a friend of my that lives far away so we cant switch gpu's ... but we have the same gpu ( GTX 670 ) and he has the latest drivers and for him it works all well

so whats this weird issue?

I changed the driver back to 306.97 and gaming goes FINE!!!

but still I want this solved.. do I need to go and send it back where I bought it or does anyone of you guys has a solution for this

I hope many responses

thank you
Old January 7, 2013, 04:20 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

When you install new updates and go through that process do u click perform a clean installation of all the drivers, because sometimes if you don't do that it wont work, i have had problems where i couldn't use anything like the nvidia control panel or play games because i didn't do a clean installation process of the update. Thats the only thing i could think of, if thats not the problem maybe contact nvidia or who ever could help you.
Old January 7, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The card does not appear broken since it is still playing some games fine and works with the 306.97 drivers, so sending it back will not fix the issues I suspect. This appears to be an updated driver issue of some sort. As the previous poster said, try and check "Clean Install" when putting the new drivers in. This should solve any issues.

If the clean install method doesnt work through the installer, try this:

1. Boot into safe-mode
2. Unninstall driver from device manager
3. Boot into Windows
4. Reinstall the new driver with "Clean Installation" checked.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old January 7, 2013, 04:39 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
The card does not appear broken since it is still playing some games fine and works with the 306.97 drivers, so sending it back will not fix the issues I suspect. This appears to be an updated driver issue of some sort. As the previous poster said, try and check "Clean Install" when putting the new drivers in. This should solve any issues.

1. Boot into safe-mode
3. Boot into Windows

im not sure if I have done CLEAN INSTAL but I don't think so, so I give it a try...
I let you guys know !

thanks
Old January 7, 2013, 05:07 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post

1. Boot into safe-mode
3. Boot into Windows

I have tried it, NO SUCCES :(

also the save mode etc. removed EVERYTHING ...
Old January 7, 2013, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

What board and power supply you using?
Old January 7, 2013, 11:43 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
What board and power supply you using?
MSI Gd55 z77 and ms-tech 750w... but that can't be the problem?