Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition - Overclock (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/58919-sapphire-hd-7770-ghz-edition-overclock.html)

TpeBoMaH January 4, 2013 01:14 AM

Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition - Overclock

Hi, i have Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition and i want overclock him to 1150 - core clock and 1250 memory clock.
I put frequencies and start games but the games crashes.
Someone told me that you need to raise GPU Voltage. I tried with MSI Afterbarner but not allowed me to move the slider GPU Voltage solve it even when the settings ticked. Tried with Sapphire Trixx there is no such thing as a GPU Voltage. In place of the GPU Voltage Board is entrusted Li. I want to overclock this video card, but I do not know how to increase voltage. Please help me.
Thanks in advance.:bleh:

BradM January 6, 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TpeBoMaH (Post 682015)
Hi, i have Sapphire HD 7770 Ghz Edition and i want overclock him to 1150 - core clock and 1250 memory clock.
Someone told me that you need to raise GPU Voltage. I tried with MSI Afterbarner but not allowed me to move the slider GPU Voltage solve it even when the settings ticked. Tried with Sapphire Trixx there is no such thing as a GPU Voltage. In place of the GPU Voltage Board is entrusted Li. I want to overclock this video card, but I do not know how to increase voltage. Please help me.

Honestly dont bother Overclocking a video card in the end it really does not do anything, and once you start Overclocking it can become very unstable and you could also fry the card, it may not be the graphics card crashing the game, i cant think of a way to test it unless u have another card that you could try on the game, but the best thing to do would be to upgrade if you can and then sell your old card or put the old card into another system, and i may add that overclocking your GPU requires more cooling usually liquid cooling is the only time you should OC a GPU/ Graphics card.

-BradM-

Grenades4balls January 7, 2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TpeBoMaH (Post 682015)

Like BradM pointed out its pointless, i had my evga 460 768mb from 675 to 910 core clock and the memory clock from 1800 to 2100 and i was only looking at a 5-10 fps increase and that is good but to me thats not worth stressing the hardware. i had it running at 82 Celsius on load and it just made me scared i would kill my card and i would have to replace it with next to no money available :P thats just me tho :P