Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2012, 07:06 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default War of Words Between NVIDIA and AMD Over DirectX 11.1 Support Continues

Quote:
With any update to Windows comes an update to the venerable DirectX API that provides the bridge between the GPU and the operating system to make things happen behind the scenes. Microsoft works closely with developers and GPU makers to ensure that everything on the market is ready for the launch day of the new version of Windows, and with it the new version of DirectX.

Such is AMDís narrative when it comes to the launch of Windows 8 and DirectX 11.1: the company worked closely with Microsoft in the months prior to launch to ensure that its GCN architecture would support DirectX 11.1 in its entirety. The same canít be said about the competition, NVIDIA, as claimed in a recent AMD blog post.
Read more here: War of Words Between NVIDIA and AMD Over DirectX 11.1 Support Continues | Hardware Canucks

Much ado about nothing? IMO, by the time DX11.1 is implemented into a SINGLE game, both NVIDIA and AMD will have their refreshes out anyways....
Old December 18, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Agreed. I could care less about .1 anyway. Not when some of the best games out right now are DX9/10/10.1/11. I will probably purchase Win8 with my next rig just to keep up. But meh. AMD should worry more about getting it together in the 3D space imho.

That's the main reason my next card will be green. The first one I've ever bought. And I have been gaming for many years. Yes, since before nVidia even existed. Get your act together AMD. Spouting off at the mouth never stopped anyone's coils from ringing.