Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 16, 2012, 08:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Intel HD Graphics code 12

This:

Prevents Lucid MVP from installing. I have uninstalled and re-installed both GPU drivers multiple times and in different orders but to no avail. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Old December 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If you are using a discrete GPU, disable the onboard manually in the BIOS. That might help with the issue you are currently up against. Probably a conflict because your board sees both.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for the reply!

There is no option to disable the GPU that I can see, only options to select primary adapter and shared RAM size. I'm using an ASrock Extreme4 Z77 mobo, am I just missing it? Also if possible I would like to keep it enabled and use lucid virtu mvp, but if it won't work that's fine.
Old December 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Genius Jr. View Post
Thanks for the reply!

There is no option to disable the GPU that I can see, only options to select primary adapter and shared RAM size. I'm using an ASrock Extreme4 Z77 mobo, am I just missing it? Also if possible I would like to keep it enabled and use lucid virtu mvp, but if it won't work that's fine.
I can't say I have worked with the program you are talking about. Why does it need the onboard vs the Discrete?

BIOS might call it something different, I'll see if I can find some BIOS screen shots to help.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 17, 2012, 01:41 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I can't say I have worked with the program you are talking about. Why does it need the onboard vs the Discrete?

BIOS might call it something different, I'll see if I can find some BIOS screen shots to help.

-ST
It uses both, supposed boosts performance. A little down the page.
ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

And thanks! I'm lost with this UEFI stuff, still used to good old keyboard only BIOS.
Old December 18, 2012, 09:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
It uses both, supposed boosts performance. A little down the page.
ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

And thanks! I'm lost with this UEFI stuff, still used to good old keyboard only BIOS.
You know what, in my honest opinion, nothing good is going to come from using that tech to compliment your discrete GPU.

I would disable it all and just go with your Discrete. Even AMD's hybrid x-Fire is very limited, so I can only imagine how limited in application this will be. Lots of marketing though...

-ST

Old December 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would agree with just disabling it and save yourself the hassle. I didn't really find that MVP provided any boost in performance while gaming with my 7970. I thought maybe it would help at idle with power consumption, but I didn't really notice that either tbh.
Old December 18, 2012, 09:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Okay thanks guys! Will disabling it in the control manager work or do I have to do it in the BIOS? I can't find it lol, I see the options for iGPU memory, disable multi-monitor support etc. but nothing on disabling the igpu itself.
Old December 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Okay thanks guys! Will disabling it in the control manager work or do I have to do it in the BIOS? I can't find it lol, I see the options for iGPU memory, disable multi-monitor support etc. but nothing on disabling the igpu itself.
Seeing as how I have never used that version of BIOS, my honest suggestion (and ASRock is pretty good at this) is asking them.

I am sure in BIOS there has to be a way to force just the discrete GPU.
I just do not know specifically for your application,

-ST

Old December 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Seeing as how I have never used that version of BIOS, my honest suggestion (and ASRock is pretty good at this) is asking them.

I am sure in BIOS there has to be a way to force just the discrete GPU.
I just do not know specifically for your application,

-ST
Okay Thanks, figured out lol. For anybody reading this:
Advanced>
North Bridge configuration
Set Primary Graphics adapter to PCIE (obviously)
Set Share Memory to Auto (for some reason doesn't work in manual)
Set IGPU multi-moniter to disabled
Set Render Standby to disabled
Set Deep Render Standby to disabled

That should disable the IGPU.