Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Ncix International Shipping Price? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/58571-ncix-international-shipping-price.html)

Marute December 16, 2012 02:06 AM

Ncix International Shipping Price?

I don't really know where to put this so, well here we go.

I just heard that Ncix supports international shipping which is absolutely awesome since just about everything is cheaper in Canada and the USA than in Denmark!

But I can't really find how expensive international shipping is. The cheapest 2GB HD7850 I can find in Denmark costs 250USD and if the shipping price will exceed that then it doesn't really matter. :)

So anyone who can tell me the price of international shipping from Ncix to Denmark?

Galcobar December 16, 2012 02:22 AM

I might suggest contacting NCIX to ask what NCIX charges -- or posing this question on NCIX's forums.

Even better, put whatever it is you want to buy in the shopping cart and use the international shipping rate estimator.

Marute December 16, 2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galcobar (Post 678305)
Even better, put whatever it is you want to buy in the shopping cart and use the international shipping rate estimator.

I actually tried and I don't know if they have a bug on the site but I went as far as almost paying without the site telling me how much it would cost. o.O

TedShackley December 16, 2012 05:27 AM

there might be a pile of customs, duty and a brokerage fee on that, and also I know that in Canada if I order something from Korea, the courier will charge me taxes on the declared value of the item. So since ncix is a legit company, they will not mark the item as gift, so you will still probably have to pay VAT at the door to the courier, since they get charged the VAT when they import the item.

One time I ordered a power suply off ebay from the US to Canada, UPS showed up later and wanted $40 which I didn't have, so they sent it back to the US.

Galcobar December 16, 2012 05:39 AM

Brokerage fees are at the discretion of the shipping company -- it's what they charge you for the privilege of running your package through customs. The actual taxes are easy to calculate, they're what you'd pay in your local shop, while duties usually require a little research on what is charged for a given category and place of origin.

Something to keep in mind if you're also looking at prices in the EU. VAT is folded into the price on European sites, while North American sites show the pre-tax price. For example, a ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard is listed at C$134.99; if sold locally taxes bring that to $151.19.

The "check international rates" link on NCIX's shopping cart page (below the Shipping Estimate field) worked just fine for me when I tested it with Danish, Japanese and American addresses. You have to actually click the link and provide the address information to get the estimate, which does respond to the address provided despite the pulldown menu defaulting back to Australia each time.

Shipping to Denmark runs about C$45, which brings it to C$180 or about 1034 kr. That's a little more than what I found the same motherboard selling for (before VAT) on a Danish site.

Marute December 16, 2012 06:10 AM

Thanks a lot, that explains everything. Although prices will hit close to the Danish prices, it's still very nice to have the option. Once again thanks for clarification. :)