LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedShackley View Post
-10C is deadly

In BFBC2 I axutally only hit 42C according to HWmonitor
Where are you from? Up here when it gets below -40, -10 doesn't feel bad at all. Of course it is deadly if you lay in your room naked on the floor. If you are wearing a sweater you are fine... hell even with shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt it will be an hour or so before hypothermia will set in. -10 really isn't bad unless you are wet.
Old December 3, 2012, 02:36 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Where are you from? Up here when it gets below -40, -10 doesn't feel bad at all. Of course it is deadly if you lay in your room naked on the floor. If you are wearing a sweater you are fine... hell even with shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt it will be an hour or so before hypothermia will set in. -10 really isn't bad unless you are wet.
I totally agree. Since when did cold air kill on contact?

The coldest (-44c) day i went to school when i was 8-9 i tought there was no more red line... And yes we went to play outside!

There's definitely a HUGE difference between dry and wet state. Your life, when wet at say -20c, can be consumed in minutes.
Old December 4, 2012, 05:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
I totally agree. Since when did cold air kill on contact?

The coldest (-44c) day i went to school when i was 8-9 i tought there was no more red line... And yes we went to play outside!

There's definitely a HUGE difference between dry and wet state. Your life, when wet at say -20c, can be consumed in minutes.

Water freezes at ZERO celsius if it's cooling

So yes -10C will kill you after a while, you will get "cold" and after a while you will freeze to death

I used to wait for the bus in -20C air temp, the wind chill was way higher, but I'm still alive, but -10C will kill you after enough time
Old December 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
No first hand experience with water cooling, but I am thinking that at a minimum you would be looking at more noise. You need enough fan pressure to force air through the rad. I am thinking that while a water cooled system may be quiet it should be more quiet on air. Someone with more experience can chime in on this one.
It depends on the radiator you can fit in your rig. If can fit a thickish low density 360mm, 420mm, or 480mm you would have no problem with fan noise (assuming you use good fans).
Old December 14, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

On Air an OC'd CPU hitting 65 - 70C while Stress Testing and a GPU hitting 75c while intense gaming is perfectly normal and "non destructive", any less and its a bonus, but in all honestly any less isn't necessarily better (only if you plan on pumping more Voltage to achieve higher OC's).
Personally I like my room a comfortable 17c in the middle of winter ;)

Old December 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
Rookie

Nice rig.
Nice temps.

As someone said, unless you feel like tinkering, and spending some bucks...

Maybe us Canadians should set our rigs outside in the winter.. overclock the heck outta everything.
lol.

Cheers.