Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2012, 08:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
You see, if I remove the card, I can't uninstall the driver if I don't have a card in.
I don't have a dvi/hdmi/vga port on my motherboard =p
What you do is this:

While the computer is running, uninstall the drivers , it will say it needs to reboot, which is fine. Choose shut down instead.
Then, put the new card in, and power on but go into safe mode. Use Driver Sweeper to remove remaining old drivers. Then, reboot a second time into normal mode and voila! You should be golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliz View Post
Enable integrated graphics, uninstall drivers, shutdown computer,remove the card,install the new one,reboot,install drivers, end of the trip
Bliz, I am going to ask kindly that you pay attention to what is being said in the actual thread instead of a) giving bad advice, and b) giving wrong advice. If you don't know, don't add and confuse the situation. His board by his own words lacks an onboard graphics port for starters, and two you added an unessecary step for no reason that couldn't work if you had paid any attention.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 26, 2012, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know this is way under the line I mean way down there but OMG THANK YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
What you do is this:

Bliz, I am going to ask kindly that you pay attention to what is being said in the actual thread instead of a) giving bad advice, and b) giving wrong advice. If you don't know, don't add and confuse the situation. His board by his own words lacks an onboard graphics port for starters, and two you added an unessecary step for no reason that couldn't work if you had paid any attention.

-ST
Now for important help run this bad boy Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems get the free one and use it to get rid off all the drivers then pull that card do the shutdown and pop the new one in. many times you can switch the card out without issues but sometimes there is hidden drivers that cause you lots of trouble. Tell us more about how it goes and if you hit a total wall we are here to help you :)

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old November 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Well guys, I successfully got it working! I would like to thank all of you for helping me! I uninstalled the driver, took out the card, put the new one in, and got the nvidia driver for it. Also, I got windows 8:)