Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 26, 2012, 01:39 AM
Top Prospect

Default 650 Ti?

Is this a good card? What's the best Nvidia card for $100-ish?

I noticed there aren't too many 650 Ti cards for under $150. As of right now, there's a 650 Ti Zotac card for $100. Looks like a good deal. Any thoughts on Zotac?

How much of a step up is the Ti from the standard 650?

I want to upgrade my card Geforce 7xxx series but only budgeting $100-ish and I can't buy until later this week, at the earliest.

I don't want to go ATI/AMD. I prefer the Kepler cards. It's not really for gaming.... just powerful for HTPC but if I wanted to game or do graphical work, I could.

Any advice?
Old November 26, 2012, 03:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yea 650 ti really good for the price. the Ti is way more powerful;

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti et GeForce GTX 650 en test : Les Performances - 1/2
Old November 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar View Post
Is this a good card? What's the best Nvidia card for $100-ish?

I noticed there aren't too many 650 Ti cards for under $150. As of right now, there's a 650 Ti Zotac card for $100. Looks like a good deal. Any thoughts on Zotac?

How much of a step up is the Ti from the standard 650?

I want to upgrade my card Geforce 7xxx series but only budgeting $100-ish and I can't buy until later this week, at the earliest.

I don't want to go ATI/AMD. I prefer the Kepler cards. It's not really for gaming.... just powerful for HTPC but if I wanted to game or do graphical work, I could.

Any advice?
I would ask someone like ST as he already has a 650 Ti in his main rig. I honestly love the 660 and 660 Ti those are what I run and for a extra $50 you can get a good Zotac 660/660 Ti when they go on sale.

Zotac is a great company with good tech support in my experience and they usually have kewl colour schemes
Old November 26, 2012, 09:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
I would ask someone like ST as he already has a 650 Ti in his main rig. I honestly love the 660 and 660 Ti those are what I run and for a extra $50 you can get a good Zotac 660/660 Ti when they go on sale.

Zotac is a great company with good tech support in my experience and they usually have kewl colour schemes
ACtually it is out again, however I did find that the TI is really an amazing budget card. A lot more powerful than I had initially anticpiated.

If you can find one for a good price, I would jump on it.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
ACtually it is out again, however I did find that the TI is really an amazing budget card. A lot more powerful than I had initially anticpiated.

If you can find one for a good price, I would jump on it.

-ST
Sorry about that I have to stop assuming things :P

Now I must text you to find out what awesome card replaced it :P
Old November 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Sorry about that I have to stop assuming things :P

Now I must text you to find out what awesome card replaced it :P
Nothing replaced it. Just doing H/W Shuffling in the house , my Nana (at 75) plays Wow, so I donated some parts across a few towers to update it a bit. Once I shuffle all the parts around I'll have a workable tower with the 650TI back in Tow. And, since another Santa helped replace a dead 260 my XP rig will be back up too.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

650Ti is quite a bit faster than a 650. That said, given you don't really seem to want to game a 650 would likely suffice. If you can get a Ti for $100 though I would go for it.
Old November 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Actually, the Ti is a lot faster, in that specific card. around 25% faster