Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2012, 08:06 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
The possibility does exist. Though, I have seen bad RMA's ship too.
One real way to confirm is either install the card in a friends system, or put another one in that slot to see if the same issue happens?

-ST
I could try that, but everyone close to me only has laptops, and I have no other cards to try. I'll have to think of something.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help Soultribunal, you've been great.
Old November 28, 2012, 08:38 AM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

If you're in the market for a GTX 650 Ti, I would definitely Galaxy's GC edition. Although PNY and eVGA make decent cards, we take things a step further by completely customizing and redesigning the PCB and cooler for a greatly improved gaming experience overall. Our GTX 650 Ti GC runs 966Mhz vs. PNY's 928Mhz yet still produces less heat and noise, for instance. I test every card we make, and the GTX 650 Ti GC is one of the few instances where I can't get a proper reading because it's too quiet to register on my sound meter even at full load.

Newegg.com - Galaxy 65IGH8DL7AXX GeForce GTX 650 Ti GC 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Oh, and if you were to ever need help with an RMA, rebate, troubleshooting, etc. on any Galaxy card, I'm always just a pm away here on the forums.
Old November 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
Rookie

hmmm.

I just installed the eVGA 550 with the 2 GB of RAM yesterday.

That reminds me - got to send in the Rebate form.

So far so good. Got it on an eVGA Classified SR2 with the Xeon E5645.

Running XP64 - which runs 3D Max Rev. 9.