Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2012, 06:06 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded1 View Post
Thanks for the help! EVGA had my registration info on file so I submitted a ticket. I still can't find my invoice, but I'll see what options they give me. Hopefully it won't take too long to get an answer. If so, then I will definitely consider getting the 650.

That's really good to know. I always assumed that it would draw more power since it did more.

You may also want to check with the place you purchased your first card. They "may" have your receipt on record and could email or give you a copy. We have a store here in town that keeps all receipts. I had lost one of mine, and thought I was pooched. Presto they had one of mine from 3 years ago and I was back in the RMA business.

p://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/7984290/26/1.png[/IMG][/url]
Old November 1, 2012, 02:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTech View Post
You may also want to check with the place you purchased your first card. They "may" have your receipt on record and could email or give you a copy. We have a store here in town that keeps all receipts. I had lost one of mine, and thought I was pooched. Presto they had one of mine from 3 years ago and I was back in the RMA business.
Thanks, but luckily I found that I still had an e-mail copy of the invoice which I was able to upload to them. Everything has already been approved and taken care of by them, so now I am just waiting for my replacement.

All this talk about a new card though now has me looking at parts for new build (my first). Something to save towards for later, I guess.

Last edited by Jaded1; November 1, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old November 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
Rookie

Just an update on this. I put in a RMA, and after two weeks got a replacement from EVGA. I was excited. However, one week later after installing it, I began to have some of the same issues I was having with the original card though on a lesser scale. I hesitate to blame EVGA, but it's been about five days since I removed the replacement card from my system and I haven't had a single problem. So I guess I'll be looking into getting a gtx 650ti after all (and if I'm lucky maybe I can have my family get it for Christmas). I really don't want to get another card from EVGA, but as it looking now that may be my only option as that one is rated higher than the others, and seems to be the only card that will fit in my case without causing me overheating issues.
Old November 27, 2012, 10:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Just an update on this. I put in a RMA, and after two weeks got a replacement from EVGA. I was excited. However, one week later after installing it, I began to have some of the same issues I was having with the original card though on a lesser scale. I hesitate to blame EVGA, but it's been about five days since I removed the replacement card from my system and I haven't had a single problem. So I guess I'll be looking into getting a gtx 650ti after all (and if I'm lucky maybe I can have my family get it for Christmas). I really don't want to get another card from EVGA, but as it looking now that may be my only option as that one is rated higher than the others, and seems to be the only card that will fit in my case without causing me overheating issues.

No no no, don't accept the fact that it is still happening. Contact EVGA Right away, you deserve the right to have a working card within your warranty period. I would contact them right away.

If you seriously want to get something like a 650TI and don't want EVGA, get PNY.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 27, 2012, 10:26 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
No no no, don't accept the fact that it is still happening. Contact EVGA Right away, you deserve the right to have a working card within your warranty period. I would contact them right away.

If you seriously want to get something like a 650TI and don't want EVGA, get PNY.

-ST
Thanks Soultribunal. But I don't know. I thought about contacting them, but I didn't want to waste anymore money and time shipping the card back to them only to get another dud. Still, I think you're right and I should let them know the issue.

And PNY? I'll check that card out.
Old November 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Thanks Soultribunal. But I don't know. I thought about contacting them, but I didn't want to waste anymore money and time shipping the card back to them only to get another dud. Still, I think you're right and I should let them know the issue.

And PNY? I'll check that card out.

I would in all honesty tell them your total situation. Be kind and Fair, but let them know that this is costing you money to get another RMA done and see what happens. I find that if you are fair and kind to the vendor but firm you get the best end result.

PNY is a big unknown for a lot since they cater to a market that is not so much you and I.
But, I have had phenomonal support from that company.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old November 27, 2012, 11:36 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I would in all honesty tell them your total situation. Be kind and Fair, but let them know that this is costing you money to get another RMA done and see what happens. I find that if you are fair and kind to the vendor but firm you get the best end result.

PNY is a big unknown for a lot since they cater to a market that is not so much you and I.
But, I have had phenomonal support from that company.

-ST
Ok. I sent a message to EVGA and am now just waiting for a response. And I was a bit iffy about PNY for the reasons you mentioned, but it is good to have a reccomendation for them. I've wondered about using their products in the past, but you don't find too many reviews for tehm so I tend to skip over them for anything other than micro SD cards.
Old November 27, 2012, 11:53 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Ok. I sent a message to EVGA and am now just waiting for a response. And I was a bit iffy about PNY for the reasons you mentioned, but it is good to have a reccomendation for them. I've wondered about using their products in the past, but you don't find too many reviews for tehm so I tend to skip over them for anything other than micro SD cards.

You won't usually. They don't send out a lot of review samples from my understanding. However, on the professional side of things I got to know them well after purchasing for the company many $2000+ Quadro Video Cards.

So, although they seem obscure, they have an amazing team (from the last time I worked with them).
I think the lack of lime light like EVGA Has, is a bonus to the core of the company.

-ST

Old November 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
You won't usually. They don't send out a lot of review samples from my understanding. However, on the professional side of things I got to know them well after purchasing for the company many $2000+ Quadro Video Cards.

So, although they seem obscure, they have an amazing team (from the last time I worked with them).
I think the lack of lime light like EVGA Has, is a bonus to the core of the company.

-ST
That's good to know.

I heard back from EVGA, and they said that the problem could be due to a component in my system and not the card itself. Could this be true? The only thing I can think of is the motherboard, but if that is the case, why does the problem only manifest when the card is installed? My PC hasn't been experiencing any crashes once the card was removed.
Old November 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
That's good to know.

I heard back from EVGA, and they said that the problem could be due to a component in my system and not the card itself. Could this be true? The only thing I can think of is the motherboard, but if that is the case, why does the problem only manifest when the card is installed? My PC hasn't been experiencing any crashes once the card was removed.
The possibility does exist. Though, I have seen bad RMA's ship too.
One real way to confirm is either install the card in a friends system, or put another one in that slot to see if the same issue happens?

-ST