Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 21, 2012, 04:43 PM
Allstar

Wait .. I know! ... Matrox is finally bringing out a real GAMING CARD! Given their visual quality in 2D it would be awesome if they did.
Old October 21, 2012, 04:50 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
Wait .. I know! ... Matrox is finally bringing out a real GAMING CARD! Given their visual quality in 2D it would be awesome if they did.
No chance. I worked for Matrox and they've done nothing but go downhill for years. They'll remain in fringe territory until they're bought out someday - probably just for the patents they hold.
Old October 21, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You know what GPU related thing I want that is not a GPU itself? I want to have my desktop run programs for my notebook in my home. I have forgotten what it is called exactly, but it is like using a thin client, except for gaming.

*Edit
And it needs to be fully local, no internet required.

Last edited by MacJunky; October 21, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:14 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
You know what GPU related thing I want that is not a GPU itself? I want to have my desktop run programs for my notebook in my home. I have forgotten what it is called exactly, but it is like using a thin client, except for gaming.

*Edit
it's a little bit what they want to do with virtual GPU, they want to install big GPU in a server so you can run apps in smart phones or client or in your case a laptop.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post

*Edit
I believe this is doable... If it can be done by internet it can be done even better over local networks, there has to be some sort of programs that can do this.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya there's been a lot of talk about rendering everything on server so gaming cards would be pointless but i am waiting to hear hope its good
Old October 21, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Confused....intrigued....interested....curious.... Sky you taunt us. Can't wait to know what it is. Price drops? Manufacturing issues or manufacturing price drops? So many possibilities.
Desktop: Antec Three Hundred, Z77-D3H, 3570K undervolt @4.1ghz with Zalman Optima Cooler, Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb@1866mhz, HD 6950(unlocked shaders and OC'd), Bitfenix Fury 750w, WD Black 1TB, Intel 530 120GB
Away from home light Gamer: Acer Aspire 15.6", A8-3500m undervolt and OC to 2Ghz, 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance, Crucial M500 240gb
Old October 21, 2012, 05:43 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

So many possibilities. Let's just say it is two items that work together to make a set of products all that much more appealing.
Old October 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Oy... I just bought a second video card!!! :( I hope this does not apply to me. Unless they are improving SLI performance by 400% lol
Old October 21, 2012, 05:56 PM
Allstar

Lucid or something the same, 2 items that work together ? ; iGPU and discrete GPU ? or did someone find a way to use the CPU as add on GPU processing power. We gone sleep late.
Closed Thread