Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2012, 12:21 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Dual graphics with Radeon HD 6670

Hi,

I just bough this video card to crossfire it with the A8-3850 integrated graphics. As it is pretty complicated to setup the crossfire and AMD doesn't give you any advice I've watched some videos and read a few tutorials so I can make it right.
I think I managed to setup the crossfire properly but it seems it doesn't work. I'm saying this because the Windows 7 benchmark haven't changed at all. I've got same 6.8 for only using onboard graphics, or the dedicated 6670 alone or both APU and discreet card in crossfire. Also in-game FPS are the same.

Do you have any idea of how to solve this issue or any other way to check if the crossfire is working.

Thank you in advance!
Old October 8, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

maybe reading the review again would help? technically speaking the crossfire setup should be automatically detected by the Catalyst driver upon reboot and you would be invited to allow the combination to be done. And that would be the most of it. Or this is what I had when crossfiring the discrete cards.
AMD A8-3850 APU Review: Llano Hits the Desktop
Old October 8, 2012, 10:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You can't crossfire the 6670 other then with another 6670. It sounds like the OP wants to try to crossfire his 6670 with the APU in the A8-3850 which you cannot do.
Old October 8, 2012, 11:55 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

You might have to change a setting in the BIOS. I know I had to with mine.
Also, check the settings in Catalyst, make sure the box is checked, and don't forget to download the latest CAP.

WEI doesn't accurately reflect the Dual graphics rating, AFAIK.
Old October 9, 2012, 12:25 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSTG View Post
maybe reading the review again would help? technically speaking the crossfire setup should be automatically detected by the Catalyst driver upon reboot and you would be invited to allow the combination to be done. And that would be the most of it. Or this is what I had when crossfiring the discrete cards.
AMD A8-3850 APU Review: Llano Hits the Desktop
Thanks for the review, I've read a lot but this one I've missed. Anyway as we can see in this review the dual graphics between A8 and 6670 should improve in-game FPS which does not happens to me. Moreover my video quality and FPS are better when I use the dedicated HD6670 alone as the primary display device. I don't think this is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
You can't crossfire the 6670 other then with another 6670. It sounds like the OP wants to try to crossfire his 6670 with the APU in the A8-3850 which you cannot do.
Thanks for the reply but I beg to say different. Please see AMD Radeon Dual Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dARqSyDE View Post
You might have to change a setting in the BIOS. I know I had to with mine.
Also, check the settings in Catalyst, make sure the box is checked, and don't forget to download the latest CAP.

WEI doesn't accurately reflect the Dual graphics rating, AFAIK.
Here's what I've done:

- With the 6670 not plugged in I've setup BIOS to use the primary display graphics ONBOARD
- Installed the latest AMD Catalyst (12.8)
- Plugged in the discreet card and put monitor cable from onbord DVI to the dedicated DVI
- Enabled in Catalys the AMD Dual Graphics option (there is no Crossfire option only this one)

With all this I don't have a check box in Catalyst, here's what I see:

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/4861/lc9iq.jpg
Old October 10, 2012, 01:58 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Here is what steps I followed to setup the dual graphics:

- With the 6670 not plugged in I've setup in BIOS: - Init Display First to Onboard
- Plugged in the discreet card and put monitor cable from onbord DVI to the dedicated DVI
- Enabled in Catalys the AMD Dual Graphics option (there is no Crossfire option only this one)
- Setup in BIOS UMA Frame Buffer Size to 1024MB

A screenshot of the Catalyst after this steps were done:

As you can see there is no crossfire box because it's the latest driver. Could this be the problem?
Old October 10, 2012, 01:59 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Here is what steps I followed to setup the dual graphics:

- With the 6670 not plugged in I've setup in BIOS: - Init Display First to Onboard
- Setup in BIOS UMA Frame Buffer Size to 1024MB

A screenshot of the Catalyst after this steps were done:

As you can see there is no crossfire box because it's the latest driver. Could this be the problem?