EVGA GTX 670 FTW 02G-P4-2678-KR ($409USD) 5 15.15%
Other (Please Specify) 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 5, 2012, 07:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Which GTX 670

After much looking around I've come down to a couple finalists on my GPU quest. I know I'm splitting hairs here but I want to get a card that should last me at least a year. I already eliminated the GTX 680 series due to cost/performance issue so that brings me down to the 670. After talking to several members here and reading some reviews I've also determined that 4GB of VRAM is pointless. So here are my finalists.

MSI N670 PE 2GD5/OC ($409USD)
Core Clock 1019MHz
Boost Clock 1079MHz
Effective Memory Clock 6008MHz

One of the fastest GTX 670 cards and also one of the quietest. I've never owned a card from MSI before but have had bad luck in the past with non-reference designed cards (Powercolor AMD).

Asus GeForce GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 ($439USD)
Core Clock 1058MHz
Boost Clock 1137MHz
Effective Memory Clock 6008MHz

Another one of the fastest GTX 670 cards on the market and much harder to find. Near as I can tell it's been discontinued which doesn't bode well if there's a problem. I like the astetics better as my case is all black/red but I don't know that it warrents the risk.

EVGA GTX 670 FTW 02G-P4-2678-KR ($409USD)
Core Clock 1006MHz
Boost Clock 1084MHz
Effective Memory Clock 6208MHz

The same price as the MSI. Not sure how the performance matches though, but sure to be louder as it's using a near reference cooler. Comes with eVGA's amazing warrenty and customer service. Also has a sweet back plate available.

These are my three finalists. I do like the ASUS, but it's availability and premium price make me hesitant to buy it. It does some with a copy of Borderlands 2 but I'll likely never play it as I still have Borderlands 1 in it's original shrink wrap. Which would you guys get? Or would you recommend something else. Keep in mind I'm state-side.
Old October 5, 2012, 07:49 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

The ASUS is the best card there (just not at that price). Quietest by far, and boosts very well. You may get one from the batch that had issues with over-boosting, which has to be addressed by a BIOS update that scales back the boost, but even then, it's a very competent card.

That said, I personally would go for a Gigabyte or Galaxy 670, as they're still very quiet, and deliver similar or better cooling in degrees, which is important for your boost. They're also likely to be slightly cheaper.

Pretty much, you can't go wrong with any non-reference because they're very close. Though, I would not recommend MSI. The Power Edition is kinda mediocre with its loud fans, and its only draw is the "overvoltage" which may or may not give you great results. (I also personally don't like the dust removal "feature" that's very loud at startup and you can't turn it off.)
Old October 5, 2012, 07:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I voted MSI,because i have heard good things about it..
Old October 5, 2012, 08:38 AM
Rookie

Note : Everyone in this world have their PERSONAL preferences, but if you want me to choose, I'd go to MSI POWER EDITION, because Have good cooler (I mean good, not best), Best Overclocking in 670, and I heard have best customer service in Canada too.

if you want to the quietest GTX 670 card, go with ASUS TOP, but I heard in many forums, ASUS have BAD Customer Service + have too much trouble.(especially TOP version)

you can check one by one in here, if you don't believe me.

Asus 670 DirectCU II TOP (post 477)...and many more, not just that. you can search in google too, "ASUS TOP

Faulty Cards: GTX670 DC2 TOP

or you can see people advice, who is better :

MSI GTX 670 PE vs ASUS GTX 670 TOP - Minecraft Forum

ASUS 670 DirectCU II TOP or MSI 670 Power Edition OC

and many more, you'll probably can find more, just search in google.

My REAL Suggestion is : Just pick the card with cheapest and best customer service in your country (since I don't know where are you from).

Lastly, for me All of the three card you mentioned above are good card, the performance I say is "EQUAL"...maybe one card is better than the other, but you may have to pay extra for that, just for UNnoticeable performance.
Old October 5, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gigabyte Windforce.
Old October 5, 2012, 01:05 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Gigabyte Windforce.
This is what I would get if you never plan on putting it under water.

Old October 6, 2012, 01:08 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Gigabyte, MSI and ASUS are all good brands for the price since they have an aftermarket heatsink on them. Also, don't get reference design gtx670's, they are known to have a very annoying fan whirring noise which was found on my evga and galaxy reference design gtx670's. They might have fixed it now, but still, temperatures were horrible when slightly overclocked. Needed maximum fan speed to cool down a slightly OC'd gtx670 to stay at 70C so it doesn't lose clock speeds.

Galaxy is probably the worst company I've dealt with. Was my last day to register my card, website breaks down, I email them, they apologize and tells me to give the my information through email. After sending them my info, they never replied. I emailed them again and again, no replies from them anymore. Extended warranty on my card is no longer available.
Old October 6, 2012, 03:03 AM
MVP

My System Specs

That what I was going to say ,just get one that has a good cooler on it so it will be quiet .I use the ASUS DirectCU II the one with the default speeds ,it is useally 20$ cheaper but it overclocks just like the ones that are overclocked.The ASUS is just build solid.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular
Old October 6, 2012, 03:12 AM
Allstar

Quote:
The same price as the MSI. Not sure how the performance matches though, but sure to be louder as it's using a near reference cooler. Comes with eVGA's amazing warrenty and customer service. Also has a sweet back plate available.
...you just answered your question

CHEERS
Old October 6, 2012, 11:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Bah,just take the MSI, most people think it's the best.. I'd believe them..