Asus GeForce GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 ($439USD) 8 24.24%
EVGA GTX 670 FTW 02G-P4-2678-KR ($409USD) 5 15.15%
Other (Please Specify) 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2012, 06:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've got it down to the eVGA or the ASUS. I just can't get past the MSI's older styling after spending so much time to make my machine look good.

How does the ASUS DirectCU II compare to the TOP? Will it OC to the same specs? Not that I'm much of a OC'er.
Old October 7, 2012, 08:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Had a relatively poor experience with past DCII cards (6970, 580 & 560Ti) but can't tell about the current gen. Personally I like EVGA's implementations (on the SSC and FTW cards) of the reference-like blower but with higher quality heatsinks underneath, exhausts the heat out and looks nice and clean from the inside.
Old October 7, 2012, 08:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I vote for other: Gigabyte 3x Windforce OC
Old October 7, 2012, 10:56 AM
MVP

I would go EVGA. Never a problem with them.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old October 9, 2012, 02:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

not that matters to me, but asus sure makes UGLY looking cards at least since they all look like the DUII cards

If you're in Canada, MSI and ASUS have RMA in-country
Old October 9, 2012, 05:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't mind if they are ugly,I'm not looking in my case every day xD Im looking for efficiency,personally,so take the one that is the best for you
Old October 9, 2012, 06:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I ended up with the eVGA card. I've had extremely good luck with my other eVGA products and it matches my case aestetics perfectly.

EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW

Set me back $409USD as I'm in the states.
Old October 10, 2012, 10:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've owned the Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II for a week now and it's overclocked beyond a stock GTX 680. It's undoubably the quietest and coolest running card I've ever owned. I got this bad boy at NCIX on a pricematch for $399 and all this month theres a $20 MIR through Asus. Better cooling, better components, and quieter. As for the difference between the vanilla CU II and the TOP version...There is absolutely no difference at all, they are the exact same cards just that the TOP version comes from the factory with a overclocked Bios but many people just flash the vanilla bios to the TOPs and have zero problems. Now keep in mind every card is different but from personal experience and reading what other users have observed this card has tons of overclocking headroom. The only plastic on this card is the fan blades and the overall build quality is outstanding, the entire housing of this card is metal and it includes a fantastic looking metal backplate to boot.
Old October 10, 2012, 10:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
I've owned the Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II for a week now and it's overclocked beyond a stock GTX 680. It's undoubably the quietest and coolest running card I've ever owned. I got this bad boy at NCIX on a pricematch for $399 and all this month theres a $20 MIR through Asus. Better cooling, better components, and quieter. As for the difference between the vanilla CU II and the TOP version...There is absolutely no difference at all, they are the exact same cards just that the TOP version comes from the factory with a overclocked Bios but many people just flash the vanilla bios to the TOPs and have zero problems. Now keep in mind every card is different but from personal experience and reading what other users have observed this card has tons of overclocking headroom. The only plastic on this card is the fan blades and the overall build quality is outstanding, the entire housing of this card is metal and it includes a fantastic looking metal backplate to boot.
Im happy for you! Btw you talk like Linus