Default GTX 560 on older PC

Hi,

My current pc specifications are the following:
Intel C2D E6750
Gigabyte MB with PCI-E 1.0
2GB RAM
8800 GTS (320MB)
500W PSU

Will GTX 560 card work on this PC? If it will, how big the improvement will be comparing to the old card and considering the older hardware might be a bottleneck?

Thanks
Old October 1, 2012, 05:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Will it work: Yes
Will it bottleneck: most likely

Check power supply requirement, it's been a while since I looked up what a 8800gts pulled in watts VS anything.
Old October 1, 2012, 05:32 AM
lelionmoddeur

ok,of course it will work,but there will be CPU bottleneck and RAM bottleneck,try to add ram its not that expensive.. and well you won't get all the perf of it with that CPU but will still be way better,i think about a 100% improvement.. or 120%,if you add more ram,that's the biggest bottleneck i think.

on recent games, i don't think it will work with 2gb ram^^ well of course it will work but will be bottlenecked as hell,for sure
Old October 1, 2012, 05:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez View Post
Hi,

My current pc specifications are the following:
Intel C2D E6750
Gigabyte MB with PCI-E 1.0
2GB RAM
8800 GTS (320MB)
500W PSU

Will GTX 560 card work on this PC? If it will, how big the improvement will be comparing to the old card and considering the older hardware might be a bottleneck?

Thanks
Not worth it at all. You also didn't specify monitor size but with that system alone you'll put that poor card to shame.
Old October 1, 2012, 06:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I may be wrong, but granted he upgrades his RAM to 4gb and does a bit of OC, I would say the bottleneck would be minimal, but of course that depends on the games and resolutions he plays at.

But in most situations, I'd still think its a worthwhile upgrade, maybe a bit overkill, but IMHO you will definitively see some tangible improvement.
Old October 1, 2012, 06:25 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the replies. My monitor is 22" widescreen with resolution 1680x1050.
Old October 1, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

ge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez View Post
Thanks for the replies. My monitor is 22" widescreen with resolution 1680x1050.
upgrade your system first as you will see very little benefit at all. When I got my 8800gt I was running a e6600 and it was bottlenecked huge. when I upgraded the system to a E8400 it made a huge difference! that system won't do that card any justice let alone would it even properly work on pcie 1.0?
Old October 1, 2012, 07:21 AM
lelionmoddeur

with ram i think it will be ok,games don't use a lot of CPU,of course it's bottlenecked but well,nothing bad,he will get 100% improvement i think

renember the 560 ti is more than 2x better than his old card
Old October 1, 2012, 07:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelionmoddeur View Post
with ram i think it will be ok,games don't use a lot of CPU,of course it's bottlenecked but well,nothing bad,he will get 100% improvement i think

renember the 560 ti is more than 2x better than his old card
n
please stop really you aren't helping. even with more ram its not going to help. His cpu simply does not have enough oomph to make the upgrade worthwhile. on that system I would invest into an older 8800gt or something of the likes.

He will spend all that money on that card then come back saying why the card made little difference.
Old October 1, 2012, 07:47 AM
lelionmoddeur

ok ok xD don't believe me im useless :) believe him!!!!! xD,but well believe majority is the best u can do

of course it will be bottlenecked but i just say what i see, i see my cores usage on recent games,for example,world of tanks uses one core and with a 560 ti i have 50-60 FPS on max settings,and its only one core,he has to cores,ok my core is 3.3 ghz but still,of course if it was me i'd get a better CPU for less bottleneck,

man, i say what i think and you say what you think,its a forum,if you don't agree,i agree that you don't agree xD

but still ,that's it,did you see the linus benchmarks between 1 core vs 2 core vs 4 core cs 8 core CPU's? 10 FPS difference vs the old dual core and the I7 ,in a recent game,forgot which one,i SAW that vid ok? so yes, serious improvement for me,but i don't force you to believe me

it's always interresting to see what different ppl think,in peace ok?

Last edited by lelionmoddeur; October 1, 2012 at 08:08 AM.