Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   I wasn't thinking on getting a new GPU, but then I saw this... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/56953-i-wasnt-thinking-getting-new-gpu-but-then-i-saw.html)

eltiti55555 September 27, 2012 09:35 AM

I wasn't thinking on getting a new GPU, but then I saw this...
 
I found these two offers online, and honestly I think they are too good to be true.
Judge for yourself:

PC-Canada.com - GTX670-DC2-2GD5 Asus Gtx670-dc2-2gd5 Gtx 670 Graphic Card

GTX670-DC2-2GD5 - Canada / USA : Asus Nvidia Geforce Gtx670 Video Card 2gb Ddr5 256-bit Pci-e 3.0 Dvi-d Hdmi Displayport Retail - Product Details

Quick question, if I were to buy the same card on NCIX, would you guys think I could get a price match? Is the price price 100% guaranteed?

Any thoughts are appreciated. :biggrin:

PS: Should i just SLI my gtx 570? EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD Fermi 732MHZ 1280MB GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

sswilson September 27, 2012 09:40 AM

All you can do is try, but I wouldn't be surprised if NCIX claims that the "only 1 left" disqualifies it as a lost leader. That's a full 25% cheaper than displayed at NCIX.

Doesn't hurt to try though.

eltiti55555 September 27, 2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 658245)
All you can do is try, but I wouldn't be surprised if NCIX claims that the "only 1 left" disqualifies it as a lost leader. That's a full 25% cheaper than displayed at NCIX.

Doesn't hurt to try though.

Will do. How about buying another gtx 570 for 199 ($179 with MIR)?

sswilson September 27, 2012 09:49 AM

If they decline your price match request they make you a counter offer which you then have the option to turn down. you won't end up paying full price if you don't want to.

And yeah, I saw that 570 earlier today. :)

eltiti55555 September 27, 2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 658248)
If they decline your price match request they make you a counter offer which you then have the option to turn down. you won't end up paying full price if you don't want to.

And yeah, I saw that 570 earlier today. :)

Do you think my system can handle another gtx 570 as it is? My PSU died a couple of months ago, and luckily it was under guarantee, so I got a replace from them.

sswilson September 27, 2012 10:00 AM

I wouldn't run 2 570's off of a 600W PSU, but others might disagree. :)

eltiti55555 September 27, 2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 658250)
I wouldn't run 2 570's off of a 600W PSU, but others might disagree. :)

What about a single GTX 670? Also what would be a good PSU for two gtx 570?

LarkStarr September 27, 2012 10:12 AM

750+W for two 570s - a single GPU is fine for 600W

mattlef September 27, 2012 10:39 AM

your PSU is fine for a single 670.. for sure, its more efficient than the 570.
However, the 570sli setup would perform better, yet at a higher draw.

so i guess you have to weigh it out lol

Bond007 September 27, 2012 11:09 AM

I wouldn't do sli on that psu. As others have said the 670 uses less power than a 570, so it would be good to go.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.