Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 13, 2012, 04:14 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

It isn't my problem that AMD's optimizations for certain games are poor as hell, even after we've alerted them to it.

As a matter of fact, I'm done with your douchebaggery Eyefinity. As are the other members here judging from the PMs I have been receiving.

The mods and I have been way, way more than lenient despite the antics and borderline trolling in posts. I have asked the mods time and again to keep you around because we are open and transparent about our benchmarks, reviews and tests. However, enough is enough. I am banning you myself because this has gone on too long. And yes, I have the gall and the balls to finally do that.

Also make a note that you are NOT being banned for questioning the reviews. As has been more than evident, we welcome open and meaningful dialog but the conversations with you rarely, if ever go down that road. What you are being banned for is constantly berating members of the staff, not listening to reason, dredging up asinine examples to somehow prove a point, purposely avoiding responses made by the staff and most of all questioning the integrity this site stands for at every opportunity.

As a matter of fact, every one of your clearly biased posts will be left as-is. Not because of their content but rather as ever-lasting proof of how lenient we were and as a poster child of how (somehow) technology makes some people loose every shred of reason.
Old September 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like NCIX has a buncha stock + 650's.
Old September 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Allstar

out of curiosity, does this eyefinity guy even have a card?

really sounds like one of those 'professional troll' types who wander the internet.

kinda glad this card and review popped up, saves me money on buying a 660TI :D
Old September 13, 2012, 04:43 PM

All right guys, let's get this thread back on track without talking about banned users.

HOWEVER, should anyone have questions about our methodologies, conclusion and results, PLEASE voice them.....but in a way that any points can be properly debated.
Old September 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
All right guys, let's get this thread back on track without talking about banned users.

HOWEVER, should anyone have questions about our methodologies, conclusion and results, PLEASE voice them.....but in a way that any points can be properly debated.
Okay so I have a question just because I like to compare when people have old cards what is considered an 'Upgrade' between architectures.
I am sure too other people have this question, so I'll help them too in the post.

The 660TI seems to take out a 580 or run close to it.
So, would it be safe to say that at about a 20% reduction in performance on average the 660 Vanilla would be your modern day 570?

Just so I can position upgrade opinions to people, thanks Sky!

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Rookie

Too bad about the troll, but whatever.

I don't post much, but I do read this site alot.
Nice review, once again.
Don't ever hesitate to include your thoughts or opinion on what you're reviewing in the conclusion.

There will always be those who rant and b*tch, can't keep all the people happy all the time.

Cheers.
Old September 13, 2012, 11:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Judging by the numbers I think it's somewhere between a 570 and 560 448 (at 1080, depending on game etc etc etc)

To the person who asked about the 448... the answer is an absolute no unless you just want the same performance with less noise, heat and power draw.
Old September 15, 2012, 04:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the review.

I have a note on the upcoming nVidia 650 card review/mini-review if there will be one (as a 550Ti owner). I know it doesn't look too exciting, but please don't make the same mistake as the early reviews that I see now. Each one of them that I saw choose benchmark suites that start at 1080p which seems to result in unplayable framerates on the 650. No one buys a video card to get a slideshow, so hopefully you can pick out settings that the crippled card can handle. I actually can't place where the 650 sits in terms of gaming as most of the benchmarks they give it are either unplayable or 1080p at low-medium, with nothing like 1600x900 medium-high to compare with.
Old September 15, 2012, 07:13 AM

If we do test the GT 650, it will only be at 1080P. Nothing else. These days, hardly anyone buys lower-res screens anymore simply because they aren't cost effective vs the 1080P panels though. However, you can be assured that the tests will be done in such a way that the card has a fighting chance with playable framerates.
Old September 16, 2012, 06:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I see two of these (MSI version) in my immediate future.